Multi Episode Naming inside XBMC?
I'm wondering is there a way in XBMC to display if a TV episode is a multi-part episode?

As an example often times premieres run special double length episodes which are technically two episodes run back to back. It is easy enough for sickbeard to rename it and XBMC to recognize it but it has always irked me that XBMC will for example say go from episode 1 to episode 3.

Would there be any way to label the video inside XMBC to say "Episode 1 & 2" or "Episode 1 - n" so atleast the user knows they aren't missing anything?

Or is there already a way and I just haven't found it?

AFAIK I am running the latest stable windows build with the Aeon Nox skin if that makes any difference.
Sure,

Showname.sXXe01_02_03_etc.episodetitle.xxx

or

showname - sXXe01-02-03-etc - episodetitle.xxx

or

showname.1x010203etc.episodetitle.xxx

I believe there's a bit in the wiki about this too. You don't need the episode title either... Personally I use:

showname - sXXe01_02_etc - episodetitle.xxx

EDIT: upon re-reading, are you wanting to start a multi-part episode halfway through - like episode 2 of 01_02? If so, I believe the <epbookmark> tag in an .nfo is supposed to accomplish this, though I've never gotten it to work, and have never heard of anyone who has. I even started a thread about it years ago with little help.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
My naming convention is fine for multi-named episodes I have used the wiki before I tend to use

Showname - S0XE0X - E0X - E0X - Title.ext

For multi part shows but in XBMC it only shows up as the first episode. I think from memory last time I changed it to have no spaces it just imported them as duplicates. What I want is one episode labelled with all the correct numbers.
Ah, I see. I misunderstood. I think this is probably scraper related. If the tvdb (or whatever metadata site you're scraping) lists these as separate episodes, then your only recourse is probably to use an .nfo and edit the <episode> and <title> tags.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO...V_episodes
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Okay bummer thanks, I'll have to see if that is worth the effort as I said it isn't a regular problem so I may have to live with it.

If anyone else stumbles across this thread multi-part episodes if named correctly definitely just get imported as duplicates I just tested.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi Episode Naming inside XBMC?0