XBMC - Windows HELP

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
maffffster Offline
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and new to the world of XBMC

I have a Revo that was set up by an old friend with Mythtv, However this is becoming quite unstable and i was recommended trying XBMC. One of the problems i have is Mythtv was installed on a linux system which i know nothing about.

I guess the question i have is, can XBMC be installed on Windows and if so how difficult is it ? are there any instructions ?

thanks for any help you can give

matt
find quote
Piers Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2014-04-20 18:55)maffffster Wrote:  I guess the question i have is, can XBMC be installed on Windows and if so how difficult is it ? are there any instructions ?

Absolutely and with very little effort. You just need to go to here: http://xbmc.org/download/ and select the platform (Windows) you want, it will then download an installer. Let that run like any other installer and you're done, a shortcut will be made and you can start using video.

I've been using Windows for XBMC since I started using HTPC software (quite a few years).

Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read the forum rules (wiki)
The pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) must be read before reporting issues

Xperience1080
MetroIcon.net
find quote
maffffster Offline
(2014-04-20 20:00)Piers Wrote:  
(2014-04-20 18:55)maffffster Wrote:  I guess the question i have is, can XBMC be installed on Windows and if so how difficult is it ? are there any instructions ?

Absolutely and with very little effort. You just need to go to here: http://xbmc.org/download/ and select the platform (Windows) you want, it will then download an installer. Let that run like any other installer and you're done, a shortcut will be made and you can start using video.

I've been using Windows for XBMC since I started using HTPC software (quite a few years).

Thanks, thats good to hear.

What about watching TV through it (free view) is that easy to set up ?

sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure I'm not deleting the old system before I (kinda) know what I'm getting myself into
find quote