XBMC - Windows HELP
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and new to the world of XBMC

I have a Revo that was set up by an old friend with Mythtv, However this is becoming quite unstable and i was recommended trying XBMC. One of the problems i have is Mythtv was installed on a linux system which i know nothing about.

I guess the question i have is, can XBMC be installed on Windows and if so how difficult is it ? are there any instructions ?

thanks for any help you can give

matt
(2014-04-20, 18:55)maffffster Wrote: I guess the question i have is, can XBMC be installed on Windows and if so how difficult is it ? are there any instructions ?

Absolutely and with very little effort. You just need to go to here: http://xbmc.org/download/ and select the platform (Windows) you want, it will then download an installer. Let that run like any other installer and you're done, a shortcut will be made and you can start using video.

I've been using Windows for XBMC since I started using HTPC software (quite a few years).
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2014-04-20, 20:00)Piers Wrote:
(2014-04-20, 18:55)maffffster Wrote: I guess the question i have is, can XBMC be installed on Windows and if so how difficult is it ? are there any instructions ?

Absolutely and with very little effort. You just need to go to here: http://xbmc.org/download/ and select the platform (Windows) you want, it will then download an installer. Let that run like any other installer and you're done, a shortcut will be made and you can start using video.

I've been using Windows for XBMC since I started using HTPC software (quite a few years).

Thanks, thats good to hear.

What about watching TV through it (free view) is that easy to set up ?

sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure I'm not deleting the old system before I (kinda) know what I'm getting myself into

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC - Windows HELP0