Is there an Android box that can be fully backed up?
Hi, I'm new here and also new to XBMC so excuse me if this is not the place to post this or it is in some way not acceptable.

I am looking to buy a new box and also get one for my father and other family members. I was wondering if there is a box that can be fully backed up, saving me the need to do each box separately.
Thanks for any advice.
With Android... You...can. It's not easy. In other box types, you can use the backup app and/or just copy and drop the main files. For android, it's harder and always has trouble for me. It's like any android app. Take the game saves, move them to another android, and they don't show up. I'm sure you can find some tutorial, but you'll probably have to root your device.

You should lock out most of your settings too, so people don't mess with them.
You can backup most XBMC settings using the XBMC Backup add-on. But if you are looking to somehow backup the entire Android system, then I have no idea how you'd do that or if you can. I'm sure there is probably a way to do that on all Android devices but I wouldn't really know what exactly you'd do and it's likely not the easiest thing to do either. But again I don't really know.
You can, but you need root. Either use an app like Titanium Backup, or with a bootloader like cyanogenmod. Without root access, there is no way to backup system folders.
Xbmc backup addon doesn't work for android. It backs up but doesn't restore.
(2014-04-23, 02:02)McButton Wrote: Xbmc backup addon doesn't work for android. It backs up but doesn't restore.

Works for me. I restored my OUYA with it the other day. Honestly :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there an Android box that can be fully backed up?0