Television capable of running XBMC natively
So why not take Samsung approach with their new smart tvs and make a box that could be integrated to the tv (installed) by a pushing into a socket in the tv (to upgrade their smart hub in hardware so tv is upgraded to a newer model)
Advantage:
could be upgraded later to a better version in hardware
My TV has a plug on the back, its called HDMI. It also has a VESA fitting. I can fit my xbmc device as you suggest. i can choose my own hardware.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
LMAO nickr. please tell me where I can buy this magical tv with hdmi and vesa fitting? John your better of just selling xbmc boxes. This tv thing is a dead end. even if it got faintly popular, samsung will come out with 15 different sizes some with android some with tizen and some with ios..(s)
MediaPi Samsung would have to partner up with Apple for an ios tv and I highly doubt that would happen what with Apple and Samsung being at each others throats constantly.
LG Google TVs can run xbmc apparently.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-08-09, 01:43)Topken Wrote: MediaPi Samsung would have to partner up with Apple for an ios tv and I highly doubt that would happen what with Apple and Samsung being at each others throats constantly.

I think you missed the sarcasm tag....(s)

the biggest reason why apple is still the number one company in the world is because of closed source walled in garden of iOS, so even if apple and samsung where twin siblings, apple will NEVER "partner" with any company to share iOS.

(2014-08-09, 01:47)nickr Wrote: LG Google TVs can run xbmc apparently.

untill apple come along with thier itv, other companys wont take this marlet seriously, and its really that big of a market at all. Google have already played their cards now wait and see...
Quote:untill apple come along with thier itv, other companys wont take this marlet seriously, and its really that big of a market at all. Google have already played their cards now wait and see...

i agree, but they dont have Steve now and that make all the diference.
Just take the Apple TV OS bafore and after steve for an exemple.

today there is a big market for a real smart tv, that is why a believe that i will do a great product.
The competition is doing it the wrong way. i can do it bether.

Best regards,
John
Xbmc is far smarter than than any smart TV I have seen. But android TV may get us there, then of course xbmc is just an apk away.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Television capable of running XBMC natively1