Linux Unable to power on from S5 using a remote (iMON VFD)
Hey everyone,

As the title already says I am having problems powering on my HTPC from S5 state using the remote (RM200 that was supplied with the display) if I performed the shutdown using Linux (latest Xbmcbuntu in my case).
If I shutdown the PC using Windows powering on with the remote is just working as it should (power button on the case it self is working in both cases).

I did some research on my own e.g found this thread (it's in german) saying voltages on the usb port differ between Linux and Windows but i couldn't reproduce the findings when measuring on my system.
Also found another thread stating that kernel prior to 2.6.38-10 worked but neither downgrading the kernel nor trying an older version of Ubuntu(11.04) did the trick for me.

I have come to an dead end and hoped someone on this forum has encountered this problem and has perhaps found a way to solve it.
If anyone needs any extra information i am more than happy to post them.

Thanks in advance.
*bump*
*bump*
This is not an xbmc issue. Downgrade to kernel 2.6.38-10 and be fine.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thank you for your reply.
While I know that the problem isnt directly related to xmbc itself i thought this would be the right place to ask if someone has experienced a similar situation(since others are asking rather Linux related questions too).
If it is not please feel free to move/delete this thread Smile

Unfortunately i already tried downgrading to kernel 2.6.38-10 (and even older) without a change.
So I am still hoping that there is someone using an iMon device and is able to power on with it.
*bump*

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to power on from S5 using a remote (iMON VFD)0