Black Glass Nova 1.1 - Gotham

Changelog
  • Updated language files
  • Tons of fixes and cleanup
  • Left menu simplification
  • Revamped Showcase view
  • Added small icons for grid view
  • New pointer gfx
  • Enable background fullscreen video player and music visualization in every screen
  • Added seek bar sliders on VideoOSD and MusicOSD
  • Fair weather img replacement
  • Enabled music artist slideshow and fanart in every screen
  • Added indicator for shelf items in home screen
  • Added topbar (back, playback controls, volume controls, shutdown control)
  • Added Home Icon Customization + Enabled multi image backgrounds
  • Added 3D badge
  • Updated HD badge
  • Added Weather subitems in Home
  • Enhancements for PVR OSD
  • Added Subtitles management to VideoOSD and seek icons
  • Added OSD badges for audio language and subtitle language
  • New home shelf layout
  • Added shutdown timer in quit menu and settings
  • Added info screen button in VideoOSD
  • Added option to show 10 rows in OSD Channel list
  • Added logos to NowPlaying Music screen
  • FileBrowser icons
  • Added option to show Ken Burns effect on backdrops
  • Revamped Video Info screen

Thanks
Pecinko for Amber skin which served as the base to this skin
All the xbmc team and addon developers

Screenshots
Some pictures of the skin: Screenshots

Supported Scripts / Plugins
PleXBMC - http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Add-on:PleXBMC
Skin Widgets - http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...in_Widgets
TvTunes - http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:TvTunes
Artist Slideshow - http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add..._Slideshow
VideoExtras - http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:VideoExtras

Git Repository
Here is the git repository of the skin for anyone who wants to follow its development:
https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/skin.blackglassnova

Install from GitHub
If you can't wait for the official skin update in xbmc add-on repository, you can manually install the latest skin revision from GitHub. Here is how:

1. Switch to the "Confluence" skin in Settings.
2. Uninstall "Black Glass Nova" from installed Addons
3. Close XBMC
4. Go into your "packages" folder:
  • Android -> Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/packages/
  • iOS -> /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/packages/
  • Linux -> ~/.xbmc/addons/packages/
  • Mac OS X -> /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/packages/
  • OpenELEC -> /storage/.xbmc/addons/packages/
  • Windows XP, 7, 8 -> %appdata%\XBMC\addons\packages\
and delete every file starting with "skin.blackglassnova"

5. Download the zipped skin from https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/skin.b...master.zip
6. Start XBMC and go to Settings -> Add-ons and select "Install from zipped file". Browse for the file downloaded in point n. 5 and press "ok". The updated skin should install.

Donations
If you like this skin so much that you want to help a little bit, you can donate here (much appreciated):

Very nice! Could you add an option to switch between list and wraplist for vertical menu?
(2014-04-28, 22:27)nooryani84 Wrote: Very nice! Could you add an option to switch between list and wraplist for vertical menu?

Added to my to-do list.

Thanks

Tgx
Congratulations. Fantastic skin. I have to say that I was more centered in WIP skins (developed for gotham version from the begining), but I am very happy to have discovered your skin, with hundred of ways of configuration, perfect font size for my tv (32") in all the menus, etc.. Thank you.
And in my personal view, I would like to know if it is possible to add a couple of things:
- Possibility to change the selection border colour, to be it more visible in a quick view, for example in the home menu widgets (in progress, random, etc...)
- And some addons for streaming channels have a long titles. Would it be possible to add some list view with more space for the titles?.
Thanks again.
(2014-05-01, 13:32)vimarbla Wrote: - Possibility to change the selection border colour, to be it more visible in a quick view, for example in the home menu widgets (in progress, random, etc...)

In version 1.1, the selection border is more visible. However, i'm planning to add the possibility to change the highlighted color.

(2014-05-01, 13:32)vimarbla Wrote: - And some addons for streaming channels have a long titles. Would it be possible to add some list view with more space for the titles?.

I know this is one of the weak points of the skin. It's not easy. I'll try my best for the next release.

Thanks

Tgx
Nice nice !!!

I can see that i can add 10 shelf items, but i use it on android, and use it to launch my android applications.
Is it possible to expand it to 20 ? That would be so cool man!
Sat down this morning to listen to some music and noticed I now have the updated version....one problem I no longer get any of the visualizations while while listening, I just the the default backdrop.

Thanks

Bill
(2014-05-02, 19:38)mrfattbill Wrote: Sat down this morning to listen to some music and noticed I now have the updated version....one problem I no longer get any of the visualizations while while listening, I just the the default backdrop.

Thanks

Bill

Once you are in Music Playing screen, just press "ok" or "return" on your control device and the Music OSD will appear as in the screenshot. The last 4 icons on the top of the screen control visualizations.
The first icon controls the "Artist Slideshow" plugin.
The second enables visualizations
The 3rd pops up visualization settings
The last one is for visualization presets.

Hope it works!

Tgx

The ONLY way I get it is if i have "Background music visualization/video player on home screen" set to yes, but the visualization is still on top of that multicolored screen instead of just a black backround.

(2014-05-03, 22:36)mrfattbill Wrote: The ONLY way I get it is if i have "Background music visualization/video player on home screen" set to yes, but the visualization is still on top of that multicolored screen instead of just a black backround.

Yes. Actually there is a problem with the "Background music visualization/video player on home screen" label. It should be "Enable background music visualization/video player". It's now ok in the latest revision.

Regarding the black background with visualizations. The version 1.0 of the skin planned a black background beneath visualizations. The 1.1 version instead displays the default background. If you want a black background you have to:

- go to your Userdata folder
- enter the "addons/skin.blackglassnova" folder
- edit the file "Includes.xml" file and replace the line n.34 "<visible>[Player.HasVideo] + Skin.HasSetting(Show_Player)</visible>" with "<visible>[[Player.HasVideo]|[Player.HasAudio]] + Skin.HasSetting(Show_Player)</visible>"
- save the file

Thanks

Tgx
(2014-05-02, 11:56)cdonnie Wrote: I can see that i can add 10 shelf items, but i use it on android, and use it to launch my android applications.
Is it possible to expand it to 20 ? That would be so cool man!

Added to my to-do list.

Thanks

Tgx
Hey Tgxcorporation love this skin looks so good on my Raspbeerry Pi .Thanks so much
Very attractive skin. Congratulations.

One query re: fonts. It's not possible to select anything but 'skin default' although it states 1/3. My only issue with the default is that numbers aren't fix width so when elapsed time is showing the numbers move about (pet hate of mine).
(2014-05-06, 15:47)Endemoniada Wrote: One query re: fonts. It's not possible to select anything but 'skin default' although it states 1/3. My only issue with the default is that numbers aren't fix width so when elapsed time is showing the numbers move about (pet hate of mine).

The skin is relatively new and for the moment i've planned to use only a font. I'll try to fix the width of numbers for the next release.

Thanks

Tgx
Hi....Would it be possible to display country specific MPAA ratings? eg: I use ember to create .nfo files and have country specific rating ie: <mpaa>Australia:M</mpaa>. I already have the icons for this.

Also, would it be possible to display the IMDB top250 number. This is the tag used in the .nfo file <top250>99</top250>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black Glass Nova 1.1 - Gotham2