Release GQ (formerly Gentleman's Quarterly) Addon
Hi @learnngit, I was wondering if you have any thoughts on this?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2016-03-25, 09:52)jmh2002 Wrote: Hi @learnngit, I was wondering if you have any thoughts on this?
Sorry I missed your previous post. I seem to have missed a check of resolution setting on the GQ add-on. It may be a bit before I get around to putting in a fix for that because I want to do a general fix for setting speed on my add-ons. In the meantime:

If you look at the scraper.py file, near the very end you'll see:
Code:
def getAddonVideo(self,url):
      url = uqp(url)
      html = self.getRequest('http://video.gq.com/%s' % uqp(url)).replace('\\n','').replace('\\','')
      url  = re.compile('"contentURL" href="(.+?)"', re.DOTALL).search(html).group(1)
      url = url.replace('low.mp4','high.mp4')
      liz = xbmcgui.ListItem(path = url)

just comment out the line with url.replace in it like this:

Code:
def getAddonVideo(self,url):
      url = uqp(url)
      html = self.getRequest('http://video.gq.com/%s' % uqp(url)).replace('\\n','').replace('\\','')
      url  = re.compile('"contentURL" href="(.+?)"', re.DOTALL).search(html).group(1)
#      url = url.replace('low.mp4','high.mp4')
      liz = xbmcgui.ListItem(path = url)

I think that will force it to play in the lower resolution.
THANKS, it worked. Much appreciated, enjoy the easter break. Nod
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
I just tried to use this in Krypton, and it no longer shows categories. All that's listed now is "New", and "Popular".

I like Keith Olberman's segments in the Politics section, now I can't find them.

When you have time, could you check into this? Thanks.
Hi @learnngit, looks like something has changed with the GQ site because things are messed up quite a bit.

I'm looking at the New videos, content still plays, but there are no Titles (only " src=) and limited videos per page.

Can you please take a look at it at some stage?

THANKS Smile
(2017-09-13, 15:56)jmh2002 Wrote: Hi @learnngit, looks like something has changed with the GQ site because things are messed up quite a bit.

I'm looking at the New videos, content still plays, but there are no Titles (only " src=) and limited videos per page.

Can you please take a look at it at some stage?

THANKS Smile

I have exactly the same problem on Krypton with my RPi.

The addon is pretty much unusable at this point. I have shifted to the GQ channel at YouTube to watch the things I like now... Undecided
V3.0.2 fixes the above issues.

A Pull Request has been issued for the Kodi.org repo.
The add-on should update in a few days.
(2017-09-23, 00:31)learningit Wrote: V3.0.2 fixes the above issues.

A Pull Request has been issued for the Kodi.org repo.

Thank you very much. :-)
THANK YOU, much appreciated Smile
V3.0.3 fixes website change.
A pull request has been issued for the kodi.org repo.
A Pull Request for Version 3.0.4 has been issued for the kodi.org repo. The add-on should update in a few days.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GQ (formerly Gentleman's Quarterly) Addon0