new user - a few questions ?
Dear All,
new user to WMC as backend, longtime user of xmbc all way back to org. xbox :-)

Some questions as I set WMC up as backend:

1. Canal change, with WMC as backend, is there anyway to improve the canal change? It is 5-7 sec currently?
2. As WMC never really has ben good as EPG here in DK, then is it possible to set something up for EPG though XBMC?

I know some of this is been discussed other places, but hard to understand "what is the satsus for WMC as backend"!

Thanks for the help!
Are you on frodo or gotham? if you run Margro's custom build of gotham, that will get you the fastest channel changing speed currently achievable. It is still some seconds though. If you do not have fast tuners, good hard drive and gigabit wired ethernet then they would also help you a bit

For EPG no you cant do anything on the XBMC side, our addon pulls it from WMC so you would need to look in the direction of integrating online EPG data/xml feeds into WMC itself (there should be heaps of information oin the net about this since WMC has been around a while, check thegreenbutton and so on)... we will then pull the EPG data WMC has, into XBMC.
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Installed Gotham, the fresh new release just out of "beta/reelase candidate", so gonna look at the Margo build this evning.

On WMC canal shift takes 1½-3 secs I guess on my Terreatec DVB-c, pentium E5200 (dual 2.5 ghz), 2 gb ram, machine!

EPG, ok! Just hoped XBMC was able to do some magic on that part :-)

thx for feedback!
TheMArngo build seems faster and just as fast as WMC! SO I am pleased!

LaughRoflTongueNod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new user - a few questions ?0