XBMCBuntu - Gotham RC1
Hi there,

I'm going to install XBMCBuntu for the first time on a brand new NUC tonight, and I hope to use Gotham RC1. However, it seems that the latest XBMCBuntu guild uses Gotham beta4, and the RC1 page says that XBMC must then be updated. My question is, what's the best way to install RC1? Is there any way to do it right from the get-go during XBMCBuntu installation? If not, which PPA do I use to update XBMC once everything is up and running?

Thanks!
after install:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
Will this also upgrade linux from 13.10 to 14.04?

I originally instealled Gotham beta 3 on 13.10.
If you want to upgrade your Ubuntu from 13.10 to 14.04 then you have to use do-release-upgrade but that is quite off-topic here as the question was on how to use the XBMCBuntu that is already a 14.04 release AFAIK.

But most often you have to first clear out any ppa's you have added and such before a release upgrade.
You wrote, that you are going to install Xbmcbuntu tonight. Then do so - will save you a lot of pain.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-04-30, 09:24)fritsch Wrote: You wrote, that you are going to install Xbmcbuntu tonight. Then do so - will save you a lot of pain.

Huh?
ratzofftoya Wrote:I'm going to install XBMCBuntu for the first time on a brand new NUC tonight, and I hope to use Gotham RC1.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCBuntu - Gotham RC10