Win TBS remote - context menu/right click?
Hi guys, new here so be gentle. ive had a search and i cant find an answer but might be just searching wrong.

in my HTPC i have a TBS freeview dual tuner card. now, this comes with a remote that is classed as a HID device. it runs with software to emulate WMC/MCE controls and works very well.

the problem i have is that i often need to context menu (right click) in XBMC so i want to map that to a spare button on the remote.

when i try eventghost the device isnt listed in the HID devices to allow me to select.

can anyone enlighten me to get this working. i had a look at the plugin for keymap but doesnt seem to do what i need. basically just map 1 button on the remote to rightclick/context menu (or whatever the shortcut is).

thanks guys.
'C' is the key for context menu. Check if it is possible to edit the button to send 'C'.
thats the problem. i cant get eventghost to even see my remote (its not showing up as a HID device) and without that i cant pickup what the unused buttons on my remote do (i have a 'mode' button that seems to do nothing which i was planning on using).

its a strange way of doing things as the remote doesnt send MCE codes it just sends basic remote codes that are then remapped by the VHID software to MCE.

edit: just stumbled across this page:
http://www.tbsdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7665

seems someone has made a winlirc script that could work. i will give that a try later. thanks for the help. i guess windows right click would be more useful in general?
well, i tried the script and i cant get winlirc to pick up anything. bah, this is doing my head in. how hard can it be to map an action to a button on a remote? Sad
You said the VHID software remaps the basic remote codes to MCE codes. What key you get on pressing the button which you want to use for context menu?
(2014-05-01, 13:03)baijuxavior Wrote: You said the VHID software remaps the basic remote codes to MCE codes. What key you get on pressing the button which you want to use for context menu?

nothing seems to show up. if i go into notepad i dont see anything when i press the mode button. i can tell its sending something as my keane IR receiver (my av kit is in a cupboard so i use one to relay the IR to amp etc) picks up a signal but not the PC ir. winlirc is supposed to work for TBS cards but i cant get it working Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TBS remote - context menu/right click?0