Upgrading from Frodo to Gotham and booting errors, plus missing collections
Hi

Have been using XBMC for years from original Xbox up to current PC/Mac iteration and has been a pretty simple transition from one version to the next, however, with Gotham I have come across an issue which appears to be widespread BUT I haven't found a simple solution yet and leaves me unable to upgrade as of yet.

Basically, having installed Gotham onto my main HTPC in the lounge, when I try to run it I get a message saying

Error, Unable to Initialize, exiting

and it does just that. Having read through a good few handful of threads here and elsewhere I am getting some different explanations..

Firstly I am seeing that all machines needs to be running the same version i.e. Gotham RC1 and I do have a number of different machines running XBMC...2 Windows 8.1 machines, 1 Windows 7 machine, and two Mac Mavericks machines. So yesterday I also tried installing Gotham RC1 on ALL machines but still had the same issue.

Secondly I read it can be an issue with regards to centralised databases in MySQL which I have been using since Eden or Frodo...cant remember which....but this has always worked perfectly. Some people have said I need to wait for XBMC to do its thing and upgrade the databases but I am not sure how XBMC is supposed to do this if it is constantly crashing upon opening. I have seen a second MyVideos databases created but how does my machine know which one to use...is there something else I need to do...not a master of MySQL as just followed a tutorial to get the centralised database running so kind of stuck at this point.

In an unrelated issue and this is on my current build (Frodo)....I am using XBMC Launcher to run XBMC when my main Windows 8.1 PC boots, and on 1 in 2 occasions XBMC boots to show nothing in the recently added area of the screen (Skin is ACE)....if I try to go into movies or TV shows, it just lists the directories rather than going to the library and the only way to resolve this is to quit XBMC and restart and then everything is back to normal....this has just started happening on its own with nothing having been changed so wondering if anyone has seen something similar and if there is a simple resolution for this as well. Each time I put the Windows PC to hibernate, it closes XBMC first so its effectively opening up a fresh version of the program each time.
I had a whole day spare today and got a bit impatient (very unlink me...NOT) so decide to delete all of the old database in MYSQL and restart.

Meant refreshing all of the libraries in XBMC (just movies and TV) and it did take about 6 hours to rescan everything but now all working again across the board and I've even managed to install copy of Gotham RC1 on my actual movie server (WHS 2011) which I am sure didn't work before so now than can scrape for me before my HTPC is even on so its always up to date...Gotham looking nice so far and if anything does seem a little quicker

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrading from Frodo to Gotham and booting errors, plus missing collections0