accelerated playback with external audio devices?
Here you go - if you need me to test anything specific, please let me know. Thanks for the support.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=303334
Ok ... have read the history of this thread. Somehow there was a build inbetween which was working for you. Since then we refactored all the hacked up things into a much nicer end product which now seems to be broken for you again. Yep thats what happens when refactoring without tests.

I have really no clue whats the problem now. We have one dev who also has a planar soundcard and its working for him afaik. The only solution would be - send me that damn 18 channel planar audio device and i can fix it. But i won't dive into remotely troubleshooting it because i just don't have enough spare time for doing that kind of development. Sorry. Also fyi - jmarshall is not available for development anymore.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi,

This has been happening to me since 12.4. I've tested all versions since. They all have the same issue with my Universal Audio Apollo. Everything is fine if I use a different audio output (like built-in), but my audio monitors in the studio (where I sit most evenings) are connected to the Apollo for sound engineering duty.

When XBMC is set to the output leading to the Apollo interface, Apple System Information > Audio > Universal Audio Apollo changes from 44.1 (my default setting) to 48K. I half expected to see it change to 96K, because it would have explained the double-speed playback behavior. The 48k file would play back through 96Khz per second at twice the speed. But that isn't the case at all.

There isn't a digital sync problem. You can hear the audio in stereo (and see the video) playing back at double speed over the 48K connection (you can see this change in real time if the video is playing and you change the system output setting from built-in to Apollo). XBMC is telling itself to playback at double speed before the signal is transmitted to the audio interface at 48K. To me this suggests that XBMC is getting confused about how it should behave when talking to high-sample-rate audio interfaces and mistakingly tells itself to move twice as fast as it should.

This doesn't happen at version 12.3 or earlier. I've got my fingers crossed that this can be addressed before Kodi officially launches. I noticed newer versions of XBMC have a much faster GUI.
your issue is a different one i guess (unrelated to planar audio format) - post a debug log (wiki)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2014-09-26, 16:25)Memphiz Wrote: Ok ... have read the history of this thread. Somehow there was a build inbetween which was working for you. Since then we refactored all the hacked up things into a much nicer end product which now seems to be broken for you again. Yep thats what happens when refactoring without tests.

I have really no clue whats the problem now. We have one dev who also has a planar soundcard and its working for him afaik. The only solution would be - send me that damn 18 channel planar audio device and i can fix it. But i won't dive into remotely troubleshooting it because i just don't have enough spare time for doing that kind of development. Sorry. Also fyi - jmarshall is not available for development anymore.

This is really unfortunate as I love using XBMC... more unfortunate still as I can't send you the device, it's in daily use at my studio here. Sad
I guess I'll have to stick with 12.3 for as long as it sort of works and just try new builds every now and then, hoping Apple's Core Audio or the audio drivers of my device change and I somehow get lucky.

Thanks for all the effort nonetheless.
These problems all seem related to me. I'll try to post a debug soon if time permits. I'm sticking with 12.3 as well.
If its related to you i need to find out where you live and visit you ... and try to bugfix you Big Grin
hello I'm having the same problem with my apollo super fast sound and picture but plays with tv and macbook pro ok can you tell me what the fix is please thanks.
Send me the audio device and i can fix it...
Here's one with the latest Alpha: http://pastebin.com/RdQjqz9b

(Log uploader did not work)

Thanks for any help... I miss Kodi!
I think I found the problem... Looking at that log file, I realised that the audio in the file I was playing was at 48kHz – my system clock was set to 44.1kHz. I suddenly remembered a similar problem I once experienced when someone gave me resampled audio for a song that sounded out of tune. In Kodi, this happens when the sample rates don't match (deceleration and pitch down from 48 to 44.1 and acceleration and pitch up from 44.1 to 48kHz). To test this, I set the system clock to 48kHz and played the same video file again. All seems good!

Hope this helps? Maybe even with the problems described here?
Then you should have more success when setting kodi to "best match" (which should ensure to pick the sample rate from the source material and configures the audio device accordingly).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
accelerated playback with external audio devices?0