Req Overriding and Setting Subtitle Colour
Subtitles:
- Provide more options for text subtitle colour, e.g. not just white, light grey, grey, but e.g. black from 0% to 100% in 5% increments.
- Allow for colour selection direct from a color ramp, not just from a text description.
- Provide the option to define a specific font border colour and thickness, including the above mentioned options.
- Show a preview of the selected colour with different realistic backgrounds.
- Override colour of bitmapped subtitle, e.g. replace white subtitle in SUB/SUP with light/dark grey.
+1

I'd like to second those requests for more subtitle options!
+1

I wouldn't even need a fancy colour selector/ramp, just the ability to read colours from an external xml file that we can define additional colours in ourselves instead of having them hardwired in the code.
It would be nice to be able to set subtitle styles like you can in other media players, with stuff like border style (outline vs. opaque box), border width and shadow depth.
+1

I've been begging for this since 2012. Would really like to see this and hate the fact that more or less every other player supports it but Kodi.
I would add color hex #ffd701 to text font subtitle. [like Natgeo subtitle font color] Some idea for make this in kodi?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Overriding and Setting Subtitle Colour0