Home menu button link to my sons profile.
HI

came across your skin after years of using confluence mod 2 by mad max, which I loved, I love your skin ,more options than I would ever need.
The one thing I like to do is, on the main menu have a button for my sons profile(ive managed to get the button name changed) how do I get it so that when I press this button(Finn) that it goes straight into my sons profile.

don't want all his crap messing up by library.

lol

keep it up obviously a lot of work has gone into it. Kudos!

steph
Acer revo 3700 with Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit
Not tested this one yet, probably would only be able to have a button to the profile selection screen.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Thx,
I had got that far also, im trying to make it simpler for my son (4). The less button presses the better. Con mod 2 by mad max advised me how to do it on his skin, im guessing the code he gave would be totally useless in your skin.

Thx
Post it, and I'll have a look

Was interested so I did a little checking, you can use the LoadProfile command from the List of Built in Functions

Code:
LoadProfile(profilename,[prompt])  

Load the specified profile. If prompt is not specified, and a password would be required for the requested profile, this command will silently fail. If promp' is specified and a password is required, a password dialog will be shown.

To test change a menu item (or submenu) from the skin settings and choose the bottom item - XBMC Command as per screenie

Then type in the LoadProfile command and arguments if required as per next screenie.

I saw your son's name was Finn Smile and you don't need the square brackets. If his profile does not have a password you just need to type "LoadProfile(Finn)"

Once you have pressed enter on the above you will be asked to name the menu button eg "Finn"

Hope this helps

Wow cool, that looks soo easy ill give it a try.
Thx bud
Easy is the aim Big Grin

Hi thx, i managed to get that set up soo easy, loving the skin its actually fast also.
Ive by mistake hidden the system menu, how do i get it back? Also am i able to hide the options when i go to movies. I.e sets genre etc just want it to go straight to thumbnail. Thx bud

Forget about sub menu option in movies sussed in finn profile.

Still cant find system. Tried every combination of keystrokes i could think off.

Also where is the power off/exit icon on home screen. Found it by pressing A but cant find via mouse.

Cheers
There's something that has gone missing !!! The system button should be in the shutdown menu when disabled on the main screen which you can get to by pressing the "S" key. I'll update the Hybrid Dev version and put it back tonight. If you use the official version let me know so I can also put through an update.

ATM the only way to get back your "System" menu is by exiting XBMC and editing your guisettings.xml. Look for the following code and change it to "false"

Code:
<setting type="bool" name="skin.hybrid.dev.hidesytemmenuitem">true</setting>

That's for the development version, the official version would be "name=skin.hybrid"

Your next query is a bit more difficult without more info - If you're talking about another menu after pressing your movies option on the home screen, then disable the "Extended Menu" option for that item in the settings for your home menu.

Don't have a power button on the Home screen ATM. A lot of users are always asking how to turn it off. I normally have a "Shutdown" option in one of my submenus. But I'd be happy to put a power button on the bottom right which can be hidden if required

Thx, I'll change the code over. A power button/exit button would be great.

Thx for all your help
That woked a treat. Thank you!
I've added a power button to the home screen for those that want it, but will take a little while to be updated in the repo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home menu button link to my sons profile.0