Release XBMC 13.0 Gotham Rises
(2014-05-09, 18:33)waynelod Wrote:
(2014-05-09, 18:15)JukEboX Wrote: Just installed it on my Windows 8.1. x64 bit machine and it won't install skins or add-ons. Not even through zip. Sad I am happy to use it and I have been using it for ages but this recent release doesn't seem to like any other skins or add-ons other than the pre installed ones.

This is a clean install.

Im getting the same problem - Windows 8.1 x64 clean install on a Revo RL80 - ouch !

I posted logs in the skin and plugin areas. Hopefully you can figure out out.
Why are yall no longer packaging up source releases? Would be helpful for getting it into distros(such as gentoo) package management systems.

~Jess

(2014-05-09, 00:29)jmarshall Wrote: Sure. Note that it's not bootstrapped, but yes, that's the source directly from the tag.

Note there'll be a 13.1 appearing on the horizon shortly to fix a few issues that crept in late in the cycle. It'll be around 2 weeks until that's final.
The packaging script needs updating is all. In the meantime, you can just click the link on github.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Not sure whether this is the right place.

I have now experienced several times that all fan art is suddenly missing and it is not possible to retrieve this anymore. I believe (not certain) this happens when switching skins.

Using XBMC/Gotham RC/OSX 10.9.2
(2014-05-11, 21:10)antoniong Wrote: Not sure whether this is the right place.
No
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-05-12, 02:51)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-05-11, 21:10)antoniong Wrote: Not sure whether this is the right place.
No

No thanks for not telling me what the correct place is!

(rethoric question)Are you always this friendly?
First post clearly states where to post
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
The blog/comments do not give me the feeling it is a place to post problems. But if you say so then I will post it there.
As Martijn is apparently being too obtuse:

"Should you have issues create a new thread in the dedicated support forums. This thread is only for announcement purpose."
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Maybe I am stupid but I could not find a specific forum for this subject. Which is why I started out with "Not sure whether this is the right place." Is it then too much asked to expect a link to the correct place instead of several useless negative non-information messages instead of the 1 useful message "see URL ......." Or do you think I did not try to find a suitable place..

Is all that you people do telling someone he in in the wrong forum. What about telling what the right forum is. Or do you like riddles instead of clear messages.

If it is too much to give that URL, please don't reply at all. Saves everyone time.
http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=111

But I'm intrigued. What made this hard to find? We may be able to do something to improve it. For the meantime I've also put the link in the first post. Please let us know if you have any other ideas to improve this.

(2014-05-12, 12:13)jmarshall Wrote: http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=111
But I'm intrigued. What made this hard to find? We may be able to do something to improve it. For the meantime I've also put the link in the first post. Please let us know if you have any other ideas to improve this.

Don't know why. I just did not find it. Thanks for the URL. I have looked for a forum for beta version but apparently with the wrong keyword(s).
Hello all. So I just did an install over 12.3 Frodo to 13.1 Gotham (Windows) and everything is working great. I did not lose any data or settings in the process. My huge library seems to still be perfectly intact. I am still using the latest stable release of Aeon Nox, 4.0.9 I believe, the only thing that I seem to have a problem with is that the "Clean Library" option is gone. I could not find it any where in the settings. Switched to other skins like Confluence, and no luck. Its like the little bugger just disappeared.

The only other minor thing I noticed was that when browsing through library, I use to be able to right click and at the bottom of that menu was an option to update library. No biggie though, I just enabled update on start up and all is well. So with the exception of the Clean Library option, everything is running and flowing smooth on Gotham 13.1. Nice Work fellas!!
(2014-05-13, 23:36)JxPx Wrote: Hello all. So I just did an install over 12.3 Frodo to 13.1 Gotham (Windows) and everything is working great. I did not lose any data or settings in the process. My huge library seems to still be perfectly intact. I am still using the latest stable release of Aeon Nox, 4.0.9 I believe, the only thing that I seem to have a problem with is that the "Clean Library" option is gone. I could not find it any where in the settings. Switched to other skins like Confluence, and no luck. Its like the little bugger just disappeared.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ings_go.3F

Quote:The only other minor thing I noticed was that when browsing through library, I use to be able to right click and at the bottom of that menu was an option to update library. No biggie though, I just enabled update on start up and all is well. So with the exception of the Clean Library option, everything is running and flowing smooth on Gotham 13.1. Nice Work fellas!!

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM..._button.3F

:)
@ned Scott: Thanks for the links my friend. That solved my tiny problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 13.0 Gotham Rises2