Set movieinformation (DialogVideoInfo.xml) item
Hi there,

I want to use a control to open the movieinformation dialog (DialogVideoInfo.xml).

Using:
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(movieinformation)</onclick>

Causes the window to appear, but the item inside is not the currently selected item. Eg:
  • I highlight movie1 in a list and choose "Movie information" for the context menu
  • Movie information opens, with movie1's info in it
  • Close the window, highlight movie2
  • Click enter (activating the <onclick>)
  • Movie information opens, with movie1's info in it

I thought maybe there's a way to set the currently displayed item in that window with something like
Code:
<onclick>SetProperty(<something>,<here>,movieinformation)</onclick>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(movieinformation)</onclick>

...but I can't figure it out... anyone?
Thanks it advance Smile
Not possible
(2014-05-05, 15:32)butchabay Wrote: Not possible

So how is it being done natively? Something passes the video item into this window for sure...

Anyway - can you think of a workaround for this maybe?
Well if it's just to open the information screen with an onclick action you can do it by changing the setting:

Settings > Video > File Lists > Default Select Action > Show Information

And no, sadly there is no workaround.
(2014-05-05, 22:15)EtgarDizz Wrote:
(2014-05-05, 15:32)butchabay Wrote: Not possible

So how is it being done natively? Something passes the video item into this window for sure...

Anyway - can you think of a workaround for this maybe?

It's contextual, so the video has to be selected when entering the info screen but as you've moved from the video to your button no video is selected.
(2014-05-06, 09:54)Hitcher Wrote: It's contextual, so the video has to be selected when entering the info screen but as you've moved from the video to your button no video is selected.

How does XBMC know which movie is currently selected? Is there a global variable/property being set?
As I've mentioned in my example, when clicking on movie2's button, I get movie1's info. So it's not that nothing is selcted - but XBMC still remembers the last selection (movie1).
Is there a way to "fool" the system into thinking I've selected another movie? through SetProperty maybe?
Again ...
It's not something you can do with the skinning engine and again if you want to reach the info screen by clicking on the item you can do it within xbmc setting.

If you really want do it spending a lot of time you could do it by creating your own custom window and even a custom window wouldn't be complete such as the info screen.
(2014-05-06, 17:01)butchabay Wrote: Again ...
It's not something you can do with the skinning engine and again if you want to reach the info screen by clicking on the item you can do it within xbmc setting.

If you really want do it spending a lot of time you could do it by creating your own custom window and even a custom window wouldn't be complete such as the info screen.

Can the information be set in python? I would like to call the window and have it display whatever is playing...

Thanks
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Don't know about python but for a skin based solution you'll have to wait for this: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5229

Cheers
Nessus
(2014-11-20, 00:10)Lunatixz Wrote:

Can the information be set in python? I would like to call the window and have it display whatever is playing...

Thanks

Maybe ask phil if this is possible with his toolbox script.
(2014-11-20, 01:08)Hitcher Wrote:
(2014-11-20, 00:10)Lunatixz Wrote:

Thanks

Maybe ask phil if this is possible with his toolbox script.

okay thanks
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I dont know if this will help for your case or not.
I set my father a rasp pi and to keep things simple he uses CEC to control this.
however there is no way for him to choose the info button to bring up the movie info.
As stated previously I could change the default behaviour to open the info when choosing the movie but that seems impractical.
I'm using a list view, Left once goes to scroll bar, Left again brings up context menu. (or right once from list to get context)
I wanted to change this so that right would bring up the info of the currently highlighted movie.
I went about this by changing <onright> to <onright>ActivateWindow(2003)</onright>
I resulted in a similar position to the OP where the dialogue would open but would not display any info.

I found a solution that works for me by not activating the window. but calling the Action ID "Info"
<onright>Info</onright>
This worked perfectly for me

I dont know if will be any help to the OP but thought i would share in case you can make it work this way like I did

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Set movieinformation (DialogVideoInfo.xml) item0