Win XBMC 13.0 and Windows XP SP3
Good afternoon:
I am a new member of this forum and now I have one basic question. Why have you given the Win XP up? I cannot install the new version i.e. XBMC 13.0
Marek
As you may have heard, Microsoft have ended the support for Windows XP (after 13 years) on April 2014. This means that Windows XP will no longer be getting security updates, and therfore an internet-connected Windows XP will now be very insecure and vulnerable, so continuing to use Windows XP is not a very good idea.

There is a post explaining Team XBMC's decision to end XP support (now an outdated, insecure operating system, it's time to move on) and available options (switching to a free Linux distro, upgrading to Windows 7/8, buying a new computer). So I'd recommend you read up on that here: http://xbmc.org/the-end-of-windows-xp/
Hi Tuberomix:
I know all about you wrote. I use the both Win XP and Win7. However problem still exists and refers to applications not to OS, because each user applies additionally anti-virus programs. Moreover, a lot of people still uses Win XP and also XBMC as really very good program, however, now most of producers install Win 7 or 8 and suitable Media Centers in their computers. Ok! I wanted to accent this issue.
Marek
the main reason was that the code for XP was unmaintainable as it was kind of separate and still dated from the XBOX days.
Not a single developer form the team even used XP any more it it because the obvious choice to drop the old code so it could make way for serous improvements.
If we would have kept XP we would have more problems than it was worth.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
my bank branch, part of one of the largest banks in the world still uses xp. maybe i should take my money out of that bank and put it in one that uses "modern" software. uh oh, my power company, part of a german conglomerate of power companies, and again one of the largest in the world still uses xp. guess i should cancel my account and break out the candles. these "serous" improvements do not work near as well as the old xbmc. the last several versions of xbmc/kodi have been so fraught with problems that i have given up on xbmc. i am now setting up my own mc. it "aint putry" but it sure works a hell of a lot better than kodi.
(2015-06-14, 03:48)maclark1953 Wrote: my bank branch, part of one of the largest banks in the world still uses xp. maybe i should take my money out of that bank and put it in one that uses "modern" software. uh oh, my power company, part of a german conglomerate of power companies, and again one of the largest in the world still uses xp. guess i should cancel my account and break out the candles. these "serous" improvements do not work near as well as the old xbmc. the last several versions of xbmc/kodi have been so fraught with problems that i have given up on xbmc. i am now setting up my own mc. it "aint putry" but it sure works a hell of a lot better than kodi.

Alrighty.
(2015-06-14, 03:48)maclark1953 Wrote: my bank branch, part of one of the largest banks in the world still uses xp. maybe i should take my money out of that bank and put it in one that uses "modern" software. uh oh, my power company, part of a german conglomerate of power companies, and again one of the largest in the world still uses xp. guess i should cancel my account and break out the candles. these "serous" improvements do not work near as well as the old xbmc. the last several versions of xbmc/kodi have been so fraught with problems that i have given up on xbmc. i am now setting up my own mc. it "aint putry" but it sure works a hell of a lot better than kodi.

I know you are being sarcastic, but holy crap, does your bank and power company still use XP?? That's seriously fucked up. It's 2015. You really should take your money out and buy some candles. Jebus christ, that's horrible.
I think '@Tuberomix' was spot on. These old XP computers might be dated but run Linux just fine and OpenElec means new life to this hardware, if you want the latest you have to keep up.
Your first post and you write that! Clearly you're just trolling and you will likely be banned now directly for making a such type of first posting in a over year old thread in any forum online.

Still going to answer you with this, yes large companies and corporations first have the money to pay for Microsoft extended support, but most Kodi home users do have money for that. However now that Microsoft extended support have ended there are no security patches being released at all even for large companies and corporations, all official support have ended.

Microsoft themselves explain all that better than me here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/lifecycle and here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/...pport.aspx

So now that even Microsoft have stopped extended support, which as a commercial company that can money from support contracts, why should team Kodi who isn't support XP? For Kodi especially there is no excuse to run Windows XP today as there are so many more other alternative operating system available, almost all of which Kodi runs better on than on XP.

If my bank was running Windows XP today when extended support have ended then I would definitely withdraw my money as they would be way too native when it comes to IT-security.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 13.0 and Windows XP SP30