Raspbmc updater asks for password
Hi,

today my Raspbmc saked me if I wanted to search the repositories for an update. I chose yes, and now I am prompted for a password. Why? I never had to do this before. And what is the password?
Hi,

I have the same situation. The password asked is root's password. So i entered it, then it asks me if I want to update, I check Yes, but then nothing... I tried to reboot several times, the same question box is showed up at startup Sad

Note : I updated Raspbmc to the last version (XBMC 13.0) just before this problem.
That's the xbmc inbuilt updater, answer no to update and yes to don't show again.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2014-05-05, 22:48)Dilligaf Wrote: That's the xbmc inbuilt updater, answer no to update and yes to don't show again.

That's totally unlogical: answer "no" to search the repositories for an update to actually do an update? Really?
@jackie : I think you have already updated Raspbmc and the message shouldn't be displayed again... In order to not to show it, you have to proceed like Dilligaf said.

Thank you Dilligaf.

Have a good day !
It´s NOT the Raspbmc updater, it´s the new inbuilt XBMC updater addon, just like Dilligaf said.
This addon will not work for any version on Pi, so it´s quite logical to answer no (and then disable it) to something that will not work.

It comes bundled with XBMC, but Sam has now updated the latest version for Raspbmc to not include this addon.
Thanks for the explanation, that helped Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspbmc updater asks for password0