SMB shares available only after couple minutes pause after launch
I am experiencing a strange issue on Gotham (Win7). Upon launch of XBMC, it fails to connect to the SMB shares I have setup but after about 3 minutes of XBMC just sitting there, it works (both updating library/playing stuff int he library/browsing SMB files)...
Anyone? Persists in all version incl. 13.1RC
I'm currently having this issue with Win 7 as the server and xbmc on Win 8.1. Or sometime xbmc will have access to the SMB then it just drops. Anyone have any solutions?
are you using an SSD on your client? I have seen issues where windows boots faster than it can load network drivers which causes share issues as you described.
יונתן בן-חיים
It's indeed a client with an SSD but I can access the network immediately in the Explorer....
Not that this will be much help to you guys but I've just tried this on my two machine using Gotham (one Win 7 and one Win 8) and my smb shares were available straight away.
Do you people having problems have any special permissions on your shares set? Or have you entered user names and passwords into XBMC for the shares? My shares are set for everyone on the network with full permissions and password protected sharing is turned off on both machines
When I updated my XBMC machine from win8 to win8.1 I had intermittent access to shared folders and drives on the LAN. After a couple of hours windows decided to do some more udating, one of the items was Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5.1 After that update everything across the network seemed to behave as it should. I am no computer wizard so what I am saying is check that all the necessary networking updates have been done.
I'm having this issue - it seemed to start with version 13.0 I think (although it could have been earlier).

The issues I have is related to my SSH shares over the internet however. Used to work fine but since the update I have to wait about 2 minutes after opening XBMC to be able to access my shares...

Here's what happens:

1- Windows 8.1 or OPENELEC turns on (issue happens on both machines at different geographical locations).
2- XBMC opens
3- Try to access a movie in the database.
4- Long pause of 15 seconds then message says 'file not available anymore...'
5- I check the source and it says the 'network location isn't available.'
6- Try a few more times...same error messages
7- After a while (about 2-3 minutes passes) it then magically works fine!

I'm not sure what to do but I'm going to start trying different builds - a nightly build of 14.0 didn't fix the issue so will try 12.0 and let you know which one works for me. If anyone has any idea's would appreciate hearing them Smile

Issue happens on Linux and Windows systems.

Charlie
Also I noticed this on the Windows system:

I have two shares: 'TV Shows' and 'Movies' on the same server.
If I try to connect on one then it fails. If I then try the other it works as long as its a different login username (even though the first share failed). If I close XBMC and try it the other way round the same happens! It's like its set to fail and always reject the first username used.

Really weird...
Fine in xbmc v12.3 however the issue starts in xbmc v13 onwards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB shares available only after couple minutes pause after launch0