Music Visualisation in Gotham
Hi,

Dont know if its a bug, but if i play webradio e.g. Sky.fm in fresh installed G13.0 and/or the testbuilds before, the visualisation stays flat, as no music is played. But if play music from my Server, the visualisation of OpenGL or Spectrum goes normal.

Someone the same issue?

Thx and greetz,
J
(2014-05-07, 12:31)SSC_Jarod Wrote: Dont know if its a bug, but if i play webradio e.g. Sky.fm in fresh installed G13.0 and/or the testbuilds before, the visualisation stays flat, as no music is played.

Can you explain more clearly. Are you saying no music is played means silence or it's only talking?

The visualisation obviously doesn't know or care if there is talking or music - it will just plot the FFT of the audio.
Perhaps you can post a debug log? Maybe omxplayer is being used (which doesn't support the visualisation).
(2014-05-07, 13:15)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-05-07, 12:31)SSC_Jarod Wrote: Dont know if its a bug, but if i play webradio e.g. Sky.fm in fresh installed G13.0 and/or the testbuilds before, the visualisation stays flat, as no music is played.

Can you explain more clearly. Are you saying no music is played means silence or it's only talking?

The visualisation obviously doesn't know or care if there is talking or music - it will just plot the FFT of the audio.
Perhaps you can post a debug log? Maybe omxplayer is being used (which doesn't support the visualisation).

Hi,

No Music is still playing, web radio or mp3 , the only thing doesnt work when listen tomweb radio, is the visualisation. Bei open gl are all "towers" flat only the square which is spinning.

But when listen to mp3 all is ok.

This behaviour is in Testbuilds witth omxplayer (than this is there a explanation) and in final Gotham with Paplayer.

I look if i can take a debug look tonight.

Greetz,
J.
Hi Popcornmix,

Testet the mp3s with all three player, only omx, as you said, cant play with visualisation, so i think the webstreams are using omxplayer to play.

Is there a possibility to make xbmc play audio webstreams with pa or dvdplayer?

Thx and Greetz J.

Edit:
Making pa player the default player doesnt bring the visualisation up in webradio Sad
(2014-05-07, 19:26)SSC_Jarod Wrote: Making pa player the default player doesnt bring the visualisation up in webradio Sad

Have you checked paplayer is actually being used (e.g. from log?).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Visualisation in Gotham0