Location of home.xml file?
(2019-03-30, 11:52)steve1977 Wrote: Is this possible without rooting my Nvidia Shield TV? This link implies not: https://www.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/6...n_android/

Would love to edit some of the skin XMLs, but can only find settings.xml in file manager.

Thanks in advance!
See post #2.  If you install a copy of estuary (with a higher version number so it's not overwritten by updates) you can edit that.
Grab a copy of estuary, change version number, zip it up, stick it somewhere accessible and install from zip.
Make your edits before or after installation (if you're running the skin you'll need to reload it or switch to another skin and back to see your changes).
I installed the Estuary mod v2, which I thought woudl do the trick? Unfortunately, same issue and cannot see any files except settings.xml.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
AFAIK (I don't have a shield) you should be able to see the estuarymod files (and any addon you've installed).
If you're seeing settings.xml you're presumably looking at something like sdcard/android/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.id/settings.xml? - that's from memory so bound to be wrong, but it's along those lines.
Can you go up a few levels and see the .kodi/addons/ folder?
Thanks for your help. Your memory serves you well ;-) Unfortunately, I can only acccess the userdata folder (i.e., addon_data). The actual addon folder is not accessible unless I root the device. Any idea whether I can edit these files or make the chances without rooting?

What I am trying to accomplish is to change tv episodes to show tvshow-poster for each episode instead of showing the episode-thumb. Seems something that I need to edit XML files for?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
Wow, that's restrictive.  I don't have a non-rooted android device to check, but I'm really surprised that's the case.
If you can't access an installed skin you can still make edits before installing the zip.  Just means you need to reinstall a new zip every time you want to edit the skin files.
Grab a copy of estuary (same version as on your shield) from github (or another device), make your edits, change the version number,zip it up and install.
Cool! Will this "survive" updates? Or result in a skin that cannot be updated?
Could I install it on Windows and make all edits? And then zip up the skin folder from Windows?
(2019-03-30, 12:52)steve1977 Wrote: Cool! Will this "survive" updates? Or result in a skin that cannot be updated?
If you leave the version number as it is it won't survive updates.
If you raise the version number it won't be updated (except by you).
So basically your choice.
Quote:Could I install it on Windows and make all edits? And then zip up the skin folder from Windows?
That would work.
Thanks. So, I'll need to set the version number sufficiently high that the updates won't "catch" it. Let me give it a try.
Btw, where do I set the version number?
addon.xml
Just a thought.  If you change the skin name id (eg ' My estuary' and  'skin.estuary.steve') you can install as a separate skin so you still have the default.  No need to bump the version number in that case, and you'll still get estuary updates.
That's terrific, I am fiddling with it now and hope to get it sorted.

If you happen to know what XML file includes info what art is displayed for episodes, this would be great. I am trying to have the home screen widget display tvshow poster instead of episode thumb for tv episodes.

I cannot find where this is stored.
Sorry, no idea.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Location of home.xml file?0