• 138(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
again, you're posting questions in this thread that are not chromebox-specific, and have nothing to do with the chromebox itself. If you get buffering when playing high-bitrate files, you have network issues, case closed.
What's your Paypal?
Question 
Hi, is it worth buing chromebox with bundled chrome keyboard?
Will the Chrome keyboard work in openelec, and will I be able to wake-up chromebox from suspend using chrome keyboard?
Thanks, g
(2014-11-25, 18:25)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-11-25, 18:22)jmandawg Wrote: Has anyone tried this fix for the random GPU hang issue?

https://johnlewis.ie/tentative-fixwork-a...gpu-hangs/

the GPU hang issue is currently mitigated with the 'Use SW filter' setting; those kernel params don't fix the issue, but Intel devs are actively working on it.
Matt, just to be clear, this is when during movie playback the picture freezes and audio continues playing? On my new HP Chromebox, I had this happen 3 times while watching a movie last night. I'm using standalone OE. Only way to resolve was power off box, reboot and get back to OpenELEC/XBMC to resume playing.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2014-11-27, 17:28)hdmkv Wrote:
(2014-11-25, 18:25)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-11-25, 18:22)jmandawg Wrote: Has anyone tried this fix for the random GPU hang issue?

https://johnlewis.ie/tentative-fixwork-a...gpu-hangs/

the GPU hang issue is currently mitigated with the 'Use SW filter' setting; those kernel params don't fix the issue, but Intel devs are actively working on it.
Matt, just to be clear, this is when during movie playback the picture freezes and audio continues playing? On my new HP Chromebox, I had this happen 3 times while watching a movie last night. I'm using standalone OE. Only way to resolve was power off box, reboot and get back to OpenELEC/XBMC to resume playing.

This is the same issue i having then,i taught it was a network issue.
This only happens to me when i am watching high bitrate movie(DTS HD AND DOLBY TRUE HD), i don't get that when i am watching a regular DTS or DOLBY file.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2014-11-27, 15:05)wackid Wrote: What's your Paypal?

listed on the OP, first screenshot

(2014-11-27, 16:20)glypto Wrote: Hi, is it worth buing chromebox with bundled chrome keyboard?
Will the Chrome keyboard work in openelec, and will I be able to wake-up chromebox from suspend using chrome keyboard?
Thanks, g

most likely resume from suspend will work, just be aware of the layout differences between a ChromeOS keyboard and a regular one

(2014-11-27, 17:28)hdmkv Wrote: Matt, just to be clear, this is when during movie playback the picture freezes and audio continues playing? On my new HP Chromebox, I had this happen 3 times while watching a movie last night. I'm using standalone OE. Only way to resolve was power off box, reboot and get back to OpenELEC/XBMC to resume playing.

do you have the 'Use SW Filter' option selected under System-->Video-->Acceleration as per the wiki? That should mitigate that particular driver bug.

(2014-11-27, 18:10)movie78 Wrote: This is the same issue i having then,i taught it was a network issue.
This only happens to me when i am watching high bitrate movie(DTS HD AND DOLBY TRUE HD), i don't get that when i am watching a regular DTS or DOLBY file.

See above. Issue has nothing to do with the bitrate of the video or accompanying audio stream, it's just coincidental.
Is there a way to install a normal SSD into the chromebox ? or it's have to be a msata ssd ?
(2014-11-27, 19:53)Netix Wrote: Is there a way to install a normal SSD into the chromebox ? or it's have to be a msata ssd ?

there's no room for a standard 2.5" drive, plus you'd need an msata to sata adapter, if they exist, which there also isn't room for. Just use a 2.5" SSD with a USB3 adapter.
(2014-11-27, 19:28)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-11-27, 15:05)wackid Wrote: What's your Paypal?

listed on the OP, first screenshot

(2014-11-27, 16:20)glypto Wrote: Hi, is it worth buing chromebox with bundled chrome keyboard?
Thanks, g

most likely resume from suspend will work, just be aware of the layout differences between a ChromeOS keyboard and a regular one

(2014-11-27, 17:28)hdmkv Wrote: Matt, just to be clear, this is when during movie playback the picture freezes and audio continues playing? On my new HP Chromebox, I had this happen 3 times while watching a movie last night. I'm using standalone OE. Only way to resolve was power off box, reboot and get back to OpenELEC/XBMC to resume playing.

do you have the 'Use SW Filter' option selected under System-->Video-->Acceleration as per the wiki? That should mitigate that particular driver bug.

(2014-11-27, 18:10)movie78 Wrote: This is the same issue i having then,i taught it was a network issue.

See above. Issue has nothing to do with the bitrate of the video or accompanying audio stream, it's just coincidental.

Use SW as oppose to not to use HW filter?
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Thanks so much Matt.
I did install a dual boot in Asus Chromebox last night and works perfect.
Can anyone recommend a wireless keyboard that will work with the dual boot feature. The Logitech K400 definitely does not. (ipazz bluetooth keyboard doesnt either).
I have the
Rii i8 Mini 2.4GHz Wireless Touchpad Keyboard with Mouse for PC, PAD, XBox 360, PS3, Google Android TV Box, HTPC, IPTV
is working fine
Does the Rii i8 Mini 2.4GHz Wireless Touchpad Keyboard work in the Developer Screen with the CTRL-D and CTRL-L to choose between the OS. I have something similar the Mygica KR100 and it doesn't work in the developer screen but works fine once the OS has started.
(2014-11-27, 21:07)movie78 Wrote: Use SW as oppose to not to use HW filter?

No - unless I'm mistaken you can use VAAPI hardware decoding, but if you enable the SW Filter (initially only used for SW de-interlacing but now enabled for interlaced and progressive content if enabled) to mitigate the bug. You need to enable the advanced settings. (It also allows you to watch interlaced content with YADIF 2x decoding - which is much better than Bob)

Ref : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1748907
(2014-11-28, 02:25)noggin Wrote:
(2014-11-27, 21:07)movie78 Wrote: Use SW as oppose to not to use HW filter?

No - unless I'm mistaken you can use VAAPI hardware decoding, but if you enable the SW Filter (initially only used for SW de-interlacing but now enabled for interlaced and progressive content if enabled) to mitigate the bug. You need to enable the advanced settings. (It also allows you to watch interlaced content with YADIF 2x decoding - which is much better than Bob)

Ref : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1748907

Thanks for explanation..
  • 138(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37