• 167(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
Sad 
(2014-12-18, 02:41)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-12-18, 02:39)pmpartners Wrote: I had that output on my ASUS Chromebox as well. I figured for my install, standalone OpenELEC, the BASH version isn't returned because OpenELEC doesn't use a complete BASH shell.

no, it was me doing a numerical compare on an empty variable

Thanks for the clarification...I should have looked at the script before responding. I would have had a better understanding of what was taking place. Assuming is never a good thing...Sad
(2014-12-16, 01:41)noggin Wrote: Don't some Pioneer AVRs only accept 48kHz audio, whilst most MP3s and CDs are 44.1kHz. So in that case there will be some resampling going on - but a Chromebox has massively more processing power than is required for that.
I have 2 Pioneer Elite units that are a few years old and they most definitely take 44.1kHz audio as well as many other sampling rates.
Noted in System Info that the cpu was running around 124F - is that considered normal temp? I added taller feet to the case when I first got it to raise it a bit off the table for more airflow...
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
That sounds about normal 124F is about 51C.

Max temp is usually around 90 - 100C or 194 - 212F.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-12-18, 07:34)Tinwarble Wrote: That sounds about normal 124F is about 51C.

Max temp is usually around 90 - 100C or 194 - 212F.
Thanks Tim. I'd thought I'd seen that mentioned earlier in this thread, but couldn't find it .
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
Not a problem christoofar.

By the way, I only just discovered this, and not sure how long it's been around. But it makes re-mapping for remotes much easier: Keymap Editor

I just tried it to re-map the buttons for a AFTV Stick remote and it worked great.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi
a new Asus ChromeBox here!

thanks Matt for you precius guide!

i followed the path for standalone OpenElec.
I was unable to backup firware till performed a factory reset, just fyi

BHH
HDConvertToX, AutoMKV, AutoMen author
I have a new one too but I am not allowed it until next week, can't think why!

Do these boxes open up ok without having to prise them apart?
If you have a small suction cup, it might make getting the bottom off easier. Not knowing "what" was actually holding it on after I undid the screws, it took me a while to figure out that there weren't any snaps or anything... it was just a really snug fit that made it seem like it was stuck on, when it really wasn't!
(2014-12-19, 11:27)Sunflux Wrote: If you have a small suction cup, it might make getting the bottom off easier. Not knowing "what" was actually holding it on after I undid the screws, it took me a while to figure out that there weren't any snaps or anything... it was just a really snug fit that made it seem like it was stuck on, when it really wasn't!

Very easy. After removing the bottom screws I tried to find something solid but thin enough to fit through the screw hole. The same screw driver could work if it's thin enough. Insert it half way into the screw hole and hold it at an angle (little pressure) and pull the screw driver up or whatever tool you find and one of the ends of the bottom will pop out with ease. After I used my hands to remove the rest.

Trying to pry it out from the ends with a tool I felt it could scratch the case.
I'm not aware of such a list (spent hours looking), but think it would be great to have one. So, I volunteer.

This thread's getting a bit long, though. So if anyone has information to contribute, please reply here. Thanks

(2014-11-21, 19:11)danlac63 Wrote: ...
Is there a compatibility list of Small Keyboards similar to the K400 that work in the Developer Screen? I have read that the Iogear GKM681R works but the K360 works for some but not others. Are there any other small keyboards that work? Does the Mele F10 or the RC11 work? Any other way of sending the CTRL-D or CTRL-L? ...?
Hi

Bought this box last week and set it up to boot direct to Kodi so thanks to Matt for the awesome guide.

Was thinking now of getting a VPN for this box but I havent a clue on which VPN to buy or more importantly on how to set the box up to use VPN.

Is there a good guide/tutorial/video showing how to set up VPN once I have decided on which VPN to get?
Hey Matt,

I just set up another box (standalone) and for the first time I couldn't get into the boot menu! Esc just wasn't doing it (and yes I was only hitting it once!), so after banging my head against the wall for a bit I realized the only difference this time was that my remote's IR dongle (VRC-1100) was plugged in. Unplugged it, rebooted, hit Esc and the boot menu comes right up! Big Grin I don't know if this is my remote in particular or if other connected devices cause this issue but I thought you should be aware.

Thanks again for all of your hard work!
(2014-12-19, 22:18)loki131 Wrote: Hey Matt,

I just set up another box (standalone) and for the first time I couldn't get into the boot menu! Esc just wasn't doing it (and yes I was only hitting it once!), so after banging my head against the wall for a bit I realized the only difference this time was that my remote's IR dongle (VRC-1100) was plugged in. Unplugged it, rebooted, hit Esc and the boot menu comes right up! Big Grin I don't know if this is my remote in particular or if other connected devices cause this issue but I thought you should be aware.

Thanks again for all of your hard work!

thanks for the feedback, I actually have one of those remotes arriving today, so I'll test and see if I can replicate. Hitting ESC multiple times is no longer an issue as of the 12/02 update Smile
I'm a noob and could use some help. I've never done anything like this so please bear with me. I bought the Asus Chromebox and I'm trying to get everything set up. I followed the instructions but I can't get it to boot into anything other then ChromeOS. The first thing that shows up after boot is the OS Verification is OFF screen. After that it boots right into ChromeOS. I'm obviously missing something somewhere. I went ahead and restored and back to factory and will try again if someone would be so kind to point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
  • 167(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37