• 263(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2015-03-25, 20:55)nickr Wrote: Openelec has a wiki. If it doesn't answer your question, open a new thread.

not only that, the info is listed in the ChromeBox wiki and there's a direct link to the OpenELEC wiki page.
Just to be sure (i promise that this will be my last topic for a month Big Grin)

About colour space settings:

On my Panasonic Vt 60 i set it to Auto and even if don't configure kodi to use 16-235 with this settings bluray colours seems perfect (I also use the pattern test as suggested on chromebox wiki)

IF on kodi i set 16-235 menù of kodi seems washed out but bluray looks fine

But if change vt 60 settings to full also bluray get washed out

So my answer is, must i set also colour space to 16-235 in kodi or let panasonic to do colour adjustement ?
I've just bought a Sonnics 1TB USB drive but can't seem to boot off it on by Chromebox.
If I use a usb stick then the boot option appears, if I try with windows installed on the USB hard drive then the boot menu does not appear at it boots straight to the internal drive.
If I try the same thing in my home pc then it boots fine off the Sonnics USB drive.

Any help or ideas would be aprreciated
(2015-03-26, 00:09)Roby77 Wrote: Just to be sure (i promise that this will be my last topic for a month Big Grin)

About colour space settings:

On my Panasonic Vt 60 i set it to Auto and even if don't configure kodi to use 16-235 with this settings bluray colours seems perfect (I also use the pattern test as suggested on chromebox wiki)

IF on kodi i set 16-235 menù of kodi seems washed out but bluray looks fine

But if change vt 60 settings to full also bluray get washed out

So my answer is, must i set also colour space to 16-235 in kodi or let panasonic to do colour adjustement ?

if everything looks perfect on auto/defaults, why are you messing with it?

(2015-03-26, 00:22)mrnice01 Wrote: I've just bought a Sonnics 1TB USB drive but can't seem to boot off it on by Chromebox.
If I use a usb stick then the boot option appears, if I try with windows installed on the USB hard drive then the boot menu does not appear at it boots straight to the internal drive.
If I try the same thing in my home pc then it boots fine off the Sonnics USB drive.

Any help or ideas would be aprreciated

PM me and I'll walk you thru some advanced logging so I can pass it along to the SeaBIOS developers
I noticed I have a lipsync issue only on 24p material. The audio is somewhere between 175ms to 225ms behind the video. 60p material seems perfect.
Good. Create a manual advancedsettings.xml and undo the change we ship by default. We set 175 ms offset by default as this is needed for most AVRs / TV combinations.

To undo those changes (not(!) needed for the waste majority of users, which have that lag), create /storage/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml with:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
  <latency>
    <delay>0</delay> <!-- global delay -->
    <refresh>
      <min>23</min>
      <max>24</max>
      <delay>0</delay> <!-- set to zero or adjust if audio seems out of sync with 24p movies -->
     </refresh>
  </latency>
</video>
</advancedsettings>
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks.

Use exactly what you posted? Or should the global delay be 0 and the refresh range dealy be 175?
You said, that your Audio is off by 175 ms. So change all of them to zero and see. We have 175 by default in OpenELEC, so that is what you are currently using.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ok, for some reason when I read it first in my head the 175 was a hardcoded value so I'd have to offset it by 175 in the other direction. Instead of overriding the value to 0. Brainfart. I'll test when I get home later. Thanks!
(2015-03-22, 06:23)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-03-22, 04:49)code_19 Wrote: Hello! Guys I'm in so much trouble here. I really hope you can help me.

I have an Asus Chromebox. Had the dual setup, then attempted to go for the standalone. Did the factory reset, firmware backup, flashed the custom firmware but something went wrong, cause now It won't boot.

if you did a factory reset (which you didn't need to do before switching to a standalone setup), then you no longer have OpenELEC installed, so you need to install it, just like you would if you'd never done the dual boot setup before

Quote:I tried booting from a usb stick with Chromium, but couldn't, cause I forgot to reset the boot options, and I can't choose the usb drive. I press Escape but nothing happens, the boot menu disappears in a second, goes directly to the hard dirve.

Please tell me there is another way to boot from an external drive, so I can restore the firmware backup I got here. Or what can I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

no, the boot options have no effect now - you wiped them out when you installed the custom firmware. You're not getting a boot menu b/c the ChromeBox doesn't like your USB stick for whatever reason. All you need to do now is create an OpenELEC usb installer by following the instructions on the OpenELEC wiki, which are linked from the ChromeBox wiki. If it doesn't work with one USB stick, try another or a SD card instead. Once you get OE (re)installed everything will be fine

Thank you Matt! That was it! I noticed I had a bluetooth dongle connected to one of the usb ports, and for some reason that was preventing the chromebox from detecting the USB stick properly. Thanks again!
Hi guys, my chromebox cn60 arrived . Can I ask if I install openelec to run only on the box, will the keyboard and mouse I have with usb still work ?
Thanks
Yes, although the mouse will not be much use in kodi.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi, I'm having trouble with

Quote:curl -L -O http://goo.gl/3Tfu5W
sudo bash 3Tfu5W

and
Quote:curl -L -O https://db.tt/vUPL3OrH
sudo bash vUPL3OrH

I got [curl -L -O http://goo.gl/3Tfu5W] to work but then [sudo bash 3Tfu5W] can't be found? Also at times, the first curl cannot be downloaded either

The second curl cannot be downloaded at all. It says failed to create file - read only file system?

Any ideas? Thanks
do you have a valid network connection set up before opening the shell? There's no problems with the script files themselves or where they are hosted. Take a picture of the screen so we can see exactly what you are entering and what the resulting error is.
(2015-03-27, 03:34)Matt Devo Wrote: do you have a valid network connection set up before opening the shell? There's no problems with the script files themselves or where they are hosted. Take a picture of the screen so we can see exactly what you are entering and what the resulting error is.

I am connected through my Wi-Fi and I am able to log onto websites.

The 'curl' worked once but I could not get the 'sudo bash' command to work but now the 'curl' hasn't worked since

I am not doing this through "CTRL-ALT-F2" because my keyboard remote doesn't seem to make that command. I have to log in and do "CTRL-ALT-T"

Here is what I get

Thanks.
  • 263(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37