• 264(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
You seem to have missed a key part of the instructions:

Quote:Power on and boot to ChromeOS. DO NOT LOG IN TO ChromeOS, but do ensure a network connection is set up
Hit CTRL-ALT-F2 to get to command prompt

as you can see, logging in and using a crosh shell from within ChromeOS is not the same thing and doesn't work.
(2015-03-27, 03:55)Matt Devo Wrote: You seem to have missed a key part of the instructions:

Quote:Power on and boot to ChromeOS. DO NOT LOG IN TO ChromeOS, but do ensure a network connection is set up
Hit CTRL-ALT-F2 to get to command prompt

as you can see, logging in and using a crosh shell from within ChromeOS is not the same thing and doesn't work.

Got it. I'll have to get a keyboard to make this work. Thanks for helping.
Hi All!
I've the same problem of code_19
I passed to the standalone boot and I have this screen

Booting the kernel.
drm:i915_write32 Error Unknown unclaimed register before writing to a090
i8042: No controller found
gsmi: exec 0xc1ef: Unknown error 0xc1ef
usb1-4Confusedtring descriptor 0 mlformed (err=-61), defaulting to 0x0409
sdb No Caching mode page present
sdb Assuming drive cache: write through

I followed the instructions creating a OpenELEC usb installer but when i connect it

...same message!

Is the Chromebox bricked?

Please HEEEEELP!

Thanks
Dario
Snb no caching mode etc is not an error or warning, it's informative and is normally to be expected when inserting an usb flash pen.
How do i fix this Screen tearing issue with my Chromebox..
I am using Kodibuntu
the latest linux Kernel
Aeon MQ5 skin

Thanks!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Screen tearing is addressed in the wiki.
(2015-03-28, 02:17)naloj Wrote: Screen tearing is addressed in the wiki.

Where in the Wiki....

Please guide me to the fix...Confused
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
http://kodi.wiki/view/Chromebox#Troubles...orkarounds

ctrl+f tearing
(2015-03-28, 02:26)naloj Wrote: http://kodi.wiki/view/Chromebox#Troubles...orkarounds

ctrl+f tearing

System-->Settings-->System-->Video Output: Vertical blank sync:Enabled during video playback (or just 'Enabled' if you experience UI tearing)

Already read the Wiki and try to setting long time ago and still having tearing..

I think there is linux package that fix these issue,but i don't know the command line.
(2015-03-28, 02:35)movie78 Wrote: Already read the Wiki and try to setting long time ago and still having tearing..

I think there is linux package that fix these issue,but i don't know the command line.

you suck at reading then =P There's more than one hit when searching for 'tearing' on the wiki page...
(2015-03-28, 02:58)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-03-28, 02:35)movie78 Wrote: Already read the Wiki and try to setting long time ago and still having tearing..

you suck at reading then =P There's more than one hit when searching for 'tearing' on the wiki page...

I did not know a Moderator can use the word suck!!!!Big Grin

And you get involve when someone else try to help...
Matt can use anything. He's a god.
(2015-03-28, 03:35)Netix Wrote: Matt can use anything. He's a god.

That's what he thinks!!

In this Forum,everybody got equal rights!!
(2015-03-27, 20:21)darissimo Wrote: Hi All!
I've the same problem of code_19
I passed to the standalone boot and I have this screen

[snip]

Is the Chromebox bricked?

Please HEEEEELP!

Thanks
Dario

why does everyone think that every problem they encounter = device is bricked? A brick is not a device that powers on, shows video, but fails to detect a connected USB stick for booting.

The ChromeBox is known to be picky about booting from USB media. Over the past year, I've asked many times for people to loan me USB sticks that don't work so I can figure out if it's an issue with the USB device or the ChromeBox firmware; to date, no one has taken me up on the offer. So people just have to be patient and try a couple different USB sticks if the first one doesn't work.
(2015-03-28, 03:34)movie78 Wrote:
(2015-03-28, 02:58)Matt Devo Wrote:

I did not know a Moderator can use the word suck!!!!Big Grin

And you get involve when someone else try to help...

Actually he was helping you at the same time giving a new pointer, no?
  • 264(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37