• 279(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
most interestingly, it worked the other way around. i had a keyboard without numeric, a wireless logitech living room keyboard, and with that one it did not work.
however with an usb keyboard, and pressing enter on numpad, it accepted the command...
never seen that myself, but glad you got it sorted
Trying to set up an HP Chromebox today. Using E-Z Setup and trying to install custom coreboot Firmware (menu 5), answer all the questions, screen says "Downloading coreboot Firmware" for a short period of time (maybe 30 seconds) and then the screen says "coreboot firmware download checksum fail: download corrupted, cannot flash."

I have tried four times with the same result, using both web URL's. Any suggestions as to where I have gone wrong? I have previously set up two ASUS Chormeboxes and both worked without any problem.
Just like ex-r-wagon, I'm setting up a chromebox via E-Z Setup, and I get "coreboot firmware download checksum fail; download corrupted, cannot flash," when using menu option 5.

Thoughts?
Accidentally removed the checksum file, will fix when I get home tonight
Thanks for checking Matt.
I have a problem with my come box. I have run the script and successfully updated the firmware I am running standalone and when given the option I said yes to headless install. After I rebooted none of my USB ports worked. I tried three different keyboards and a cd ROM drive. nothing. any ideas?

Thanks.
Trevor
The two are not related in the least. Also, "none worked" isn't a very useful description of the problem you are having
(2015-04-21, 23:31)Matt Devo Wrote: Accidentally removed the checksum file, will fix when I get home tonight

and fixed
(2015-04-22, 01:05)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-04-21, 23:31)Matt Devo Wrote: Accidentally removed the checksum file, will fix when I get home tonight

and fixed

Working 100%. Thanks
Help !!!

Im trying to install openelec on my asus chrombox and somehow get here (pic)
Nothing is working , no esc or recovery button ..

What should i do ??

http://imgur.com/MXiamjg
(2015-04-22, 07:58)Dengal Wrote: Help !!!

What should i do ??

create the OpenELEC USB install media on another PC, boot the ChromeBox with it connected, then install. The screenshot you posted indicates that no bootable USB media is connected and no OS is installed (just the remnants of ChromeOS, which doesn't boot with the custom firmware)
Matt, I now have my Chromeboxes and am trying to work out if I want to dual boot or go single boot to OE or perhaps kodibuntu.

I think the only reason I'd want ChromeOS would be for Netflix. However in playing with ChromeOS I can't actually see an app, which I thought would be installable. So is netflix on ChromeOS actually done through the Chrome Browser, or is there a separate app?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-04-22, 09:04)nickr Wrote: Matt, I now have my Chromeboxes and am trying to work out if I want to dual boot or go single boot to OE or perhaps kodibuntu.

I think the only reason I'd want ChromeOS would be for Netflix. However in playing with ChromeOS I can't actually see an app, which I thought would be installable. So is netflix on ChromeOS actually done through the Chrome Browser, or is there a separate app?

all apps on ChromeOS are web apps (HTML5 / run in the browser), and are installed thru the Chrome app store.
(2015-04-22, 08:41)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-04-22, 07:58)Dengal Wrote: Help !!!

What should i do ??

create the OpenELEC USB install media on another PC, boot the ChromeBox with it connected, then install. The screenshot you posted indicates that no bootable USB media is connected and no OS is installed (just the remnants of ChromeOS, which doesn't boot with the custom firmware)

Hi
Its not working )-:
I downloaded the generic 5.0.8(x86_64) and installed it on a usb flash drive (pic)
I Plug it in but nothing is happening . I get the same screen as before
What should i do ?

http://imgur.com/bvBzLtY
  • 279(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37