• 280(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
How did you create the install media? If you didn't download the image version and use Win32DiskImager (as per the wiki instructions), then you didn't do it correctly
First Tnx for your help !!
I tried agin use win32diskimgar but still not working . After thet i tried download the chrombox recovery and plunged it in and im getting this screen

http://imgur.com/ZO7rqd4
http://imgur.com/dnCfZYr
I have to say i didn't work with to wiki instruction because i don't really understand it
I downloaded the two files (win32+openelec)
Then i extract the oe to the folder
Installed the win32 and find the extract oe file and wrote it on the DOK as you can see on the pic http://imgur.com/dnCfZYr
Hi how can i manually inject my MAC Address in to the uploaded stock firmwares (from the wiki) steamos seems to be having network issues when my mac is set to 00:00:00:00:00 my laptop with the stock firmware backup on broke.
I’m having problems with wake from suspend while a video is paused.

My Asus Chromebox with OE 5.0.8 (and pulse eight cec adapter) suspends after 5 minutes when there is no playback (which includes pause). Plasma also suspends. The Chromebox will properly wake from suspend when the TV is turned on. All working as intended.

But when a video is paused and the box suspends, it will wake up (led on) with a black screen and frozen controls. I have to power cycle or reboot from prompt. I’m using the wake up script from the Kodi wiki.

Anyone else having this?
ASUS Chromebox (celeron), Openelec 5.0.8, Aeon Shednox
Panasonic GT60, Cambridge Audio TV2
Synology 411j
(2015-04-22, 17:51)Dengal Wrote: First Tnx for your help !!
I tried agin use win32diskimgar but still not working . After thet i tried download the chrombox recovery and plunged it in and im getting this screen

http://imgur.com/ZO7rqd4
http://imgur.com/dnCfZYr

you can't use the ChromeOS recovery media once you've flashed my custom firmware

(2015-04-22, 19:18)Dengal Wrote: I have to say i didn't work with to wiki instruction because i don't really understand it
I downloaded the two files (win32+openelec)
Then i extract the oe to the folder
Installed the win32 and find the extract oe file and wrote it on the DOK as you can see on the pic http://imgur.com/dnCfZYr

trying using a different USB stick or SD card then

(2015-04-22, 19:25)fma965 Wrote: Hi how can i manually inject my MAC Address in to the uploaded stock firmwares (from the wiki) steamos seems to be having network issues when my mac is set to 00:00:00:00:00 my laptop with the stock firmware backup on broke.

the uploaded stock firmware files already have a valid MAC address, just not the one that came with your box. If SteamOS is reporting a MAC address of all zeroes, it's a SteamOS issue, not a firmware one.

(2015-04-22, 23:06)mauzzz Wrote: I’m having problems with wake from suspend while a video is paused.

My Asus Chromebox with OE 5.0.8 (and pulse eight cec adapter) suspends after 5 minutes when there is no playback (which includes pause). Plasma also suspends. The Chromebox will properly wake from suspend when the TV is turned on. All working as intended.

But when a video is paused and the box suspends, it will wake up (led on) with a black screen and frozen controls. I have to power cycle or reboot from prompt. I’m using the wake up script from the Kodi wiki.

Anyone else having this?

the suspend/resume script from the wiki should only be used if you're having issues; with CEC I don't think it's needed. Either way, the simple solution is to either stop the video (vs pausing) or not suspend while paused.
Its working !! Thank you !!
Hey Matt, I am having the exact problem with the MAC address being 00:00:00:00:00:00 for the ethernet as well. Wireless is fine. I believe I may have lost mine last year when I initially wiped my Chromebox and was not 100% aware of the problem. I just recently got back to working with the Chromebox again and was having issues in Ubuntu streaming steam and then switched to SteamOS (which is performing awesome now). but my router is rejecting the null MAC address.

When I flash with the EZscript to update (I have also done a factory reset back to chromeOS and re-flashed to current EZsetup) the script tells me that the firmware (for eth0) has no record of a MAC address. I have tried to use the firmware from the stock ASUS file from the wiki and it just tells me that it cannot be read. I have spent several days now avoiding coming on here and asking about this, just so I can get a grip on it myself, but I am out of my depth here. I have tried all kinds of boot time spoofing and other scripts, but only temporary solutions seem to work, nothing permanent.

I am now at the end of my rope. Confused
(2015-04-23, 06:58)Hammins Wrote: Hey Matt, I am having the exact problem with the MAC address being 00:00:00:00:00:00 for the ethernet as well. Wireless is fine. I believe I may have lost mine last year when I initially wiped my Chromebox and was not 100% aware of the problem. I just recently got back to working with the Chromebox again and was having issues in Ubuntu streaming steam and then switched to SteamOS (which is performing awesome now). but my router is rejecting the null MAC address.

When I flash with the EZscript to update (I have also done a factory reset back to chromeOS and re-flashed to current EZsetup) the script tells me that the firmware (for eth0) has no record of a MAC address. I have tried to use the firmware from the stock ASUS file from the wiki and it just tells me that it cannot be read. I have spent several days now avoiding coming on here and asking about this, just so I can get a grip on it myself, but I am out of my depth here. I have tried all kinds of boot time spoofing and other scripts, but only temporary solutions seem to work, nothing permanent.

I am now at the end of my rope. :sniffle:

it's not a firmware issue - the "default" MAC address if you don't have a device-specific one is A0:00:BA:D0:0B:AD, not all zeroes. I'm not sure where that's coming from, but it's not a firmware issue. If I had to guess, it's a SteamOS issue resulting from it using a very old kernel which doesn't properly support the Haswell mobile hardware.
(2015-04-23, 07:03)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-04-23, 06:58)Hammins Wrote: Hey Matt, I am having the exact problem with the MAC address being 00:00:00:00:00:00 for the ethernet as well. Wireless is fine. I believe I may have lost mine last year when I initially wiped my Chromebox and was not 100% aware of the problem. I just recently got back to working with the Chromebox again and was having issues in Ubuntu streaming steam and then switched to SteamOS (which is performing awesome now). but my router is rejecting the null MAC address.

I am now at the end of my rope. Confused

it's not a firmware issue - the "default" MAC address if you don't have a device-specific one is A0:00:BABig Grin0:0B:AD, not all zeroes. I'm not sure where that's coming from, but it's not a firmware issue. If I had to guess, it's a SteamOS issue resulting from it using a very old kernel which doesn't properly support the Haswell mobile hardware.

ok, so I preempted the network manager being dumb and did a pre-up MAC change with macchanger. It gives the hardware an address on boot, and network manager is now accepting the gigabit connection. relief! I dug a little deeper on the SteamOS forums and found a post from a year ago about this issue, so apparently its not going away (or at least at my speed, haha). Either way, I have fixed the problem for now.
script update - 2015-04-23

- added standalone firmware support for the Acer C720 ChromeBook (Peppy), the HP ChromeBook 14 (Falco), and the Samsung Series 3 ChromeBox (Stumpy). These devices are unsupported, but should work without issue.
- removed script version identifier, since the date is sufficient
- improved error checking / device identification to ensure correct firmware or legacy BIOS file is selected
- reverted prior change eliminating "off" as lowest fan state for coreboot firmware
- all firmware files built with up-to-date upstream coreboot source
Anyone looking for a chromebox ? Turns out I don't need another one. All set up with openelec.
Tongue 
(2015-04-24, 07:10)brockftw Wrote: Anyone looking for a chromebox ? Turns out I don't need another one. All set up with openelec.

i need on but im from Sweden Confused
Sorry if my English is not quite right, it 's not my native language
Got latest OSMC running on Vero 4K+
shipping would be a bit much, lol. pm me your address and i can get you a price, lol.
hi matt, firstly and foremost, many many thanks for the effort you have put into the scripts you've produced, i managed to dual boot my hp chomebox without issue, and later on switched over to standalone, again without issue, so thanks!.

i dont know if this is of any use to anybody, but i thought i would mention one issue i have come across and got around, this is to do with the official Microsoft MCE IR receiver.

It looks like Coreboot and/or the way the hardware is designed (internal usb hub perhaps?) on the HP ChromeBox means that you if try to connect the IR receiver to the front port on the HP ChomeBox it works, but if you reboot the box then the IR will not work until you unplug and re-plug the IR, if you use the back usb ports it works fine, so something for people to be aware of. This seems like a small point but i am two usb tv tuners im using which ideally need to be located at the back of the box which leaves me with no spare usb ports for the IR, i got around this by simply using an USB hub which works fine, yay.

thanks again!.
  • 280(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37