• 346(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2015-08-25, 08:33)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 06:48)wackid Wrote: That's why I have said "edit" ... You didn't have to respond. But thanks though, Figure out myself Wink

The problem was the Hdmi handshake. When I wanted to boot from ubuntu. After firmware restore. The screen was black. So I thought it was bricked.
I have pushed in "in the black" on Esc, 2, enter. And there was Ubuntu.

After that Openelec install gave a problem. On a shitty usb stick.

But I am there... Standalone is working.

But.... The sleepmode (the reason I revert to stand-alone) is still a problem. It wakes up automatically.

I will post a log later on?

then disconnect all peripherals until you figure out which one is causing the wakeup, or look in the kernel log (dmesg) to see which device caused it. The ChromeBox itself has no issues with suspend/resume under OpenELEC (ignoring the high fan speed on resume, which is a kernel bug/issue)

@matt, - wakeup issue

when you look a couple of pages back i have the same problem in openelec. The Box just wakes up from suspend mode. And i have no perphireals connected but a ps3 bluetooth remote and my Lan Cable.
So something realy is waking up the chromeboxes. I havent checked the log yet because i am just exhausted from getting my nas to work properly... (had to get rid of my wd mycloud and get a synology).
But any help would be realy appreciated. Either its a wake from the Lan or the remote or maybe a service thats running in openelec. Is this maybe a bios issue?
(2015-08-27, 15:31)busta.rhymes Wrote: @matt, - wakeup issue

when you look a couple of pages back i have the same problem in openelec. The Box just wakes up from suspend mode. And i have no perphireals connected but a ps3 bluetooth remote and my Lan Cable.
So something realy is waking up the chromeboxes. I havent checked the log yet because i am just exhausted from getting my nas to work properly... (had to get rid of my wd mycloud and get a synology).
But any help would be realy appreciated. Either its a wake from the Lan or the remote or maybe a service thats running in openelec. Is this maybe a bios issue?

my test setup here right next to me is literally the exact same thing - Chromebox, ethernet cable, PS3 BT remote. It doesn't wake from suspend until I press a button on the remote. So as I said before to the other person with the problem, I can't do anything without a log. Boot the box, suspend it, and once it wakes up by itself, ssh in and run 'dmesg | pastebinit' and post the resulting url.
(2015-08-27, 15:31)busta.rhymes Wrote: when you look a couple of pages back i have the same problem in openelec. The Box just wakes up from suspend mode. And i have no perphireals connected but a ps3 bluetooth remote and my Lan Cable.

More than a little cheeky to ask Matt to sort it for you when you haven't bothered to check the logs yet, mate (when you *know* that he has already requested them from someone with the same issue). If you're tired then check the logs when you're not. You're asking Matt to urgently look at what is a minor irritation for you without providing the information that might help him work out what's going on. He's not a wizard.
He is a wizzard :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-08-27, 17:13)fritsch Wrote: He is a wizzard :-)
Aren't you supposed to be on holiday without a laptop? :-)
Only mobile phone + wlan. Good enough for the forums :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-08-27, 17:09)lancastrian Wrote:
(2015-08-27, 15:31)busta.rhymes Wrote: when you look a couple of pages back i have the same problem in openelec. The Box just wakes up from suspend mode. And i have no perphireals connected but a ps3 bluetooth remote and my Lan Cable.

More than a little cheeky to ask Matt to sort it for you when you haven't bothered to check the logs yet, mate (when you *know* that he has already requested them from someone with the same issue). If you're tired then check the logs when you're not. You're asking Matt to urgently look at what is a minor irritation for you without providing the information that might help him work out what's going on. He's not a wizard.

Yeah i get what youre saying... Ive got a sick kid here and havent had the chance to put effort in myself since the little time i had went into solving my NAS problems.
Just thought to raise some attention since others are expiriencing the same thing and provide some information. PS the wakeups occur randomly after several hours sometimes even after days. And it happend under Beta 3 and 4.

Next up im going to look at the logs... And check yourself bro, There are people like me who have absolutly no expirience with linux, openelec, ssh or whatever and i am already at maximum load but i didnt mean to command matt around or be cheeky as you said. And have no worrys i already sent matt a couple of dollars to his email via paypal a while ago and will do so again soon...
(2015-08-27, 19:04)busta.rhymes Wrote: Yeah i get what youre saying... Ive got a sick kid here and havent had the chance to put effort in myself since the little time i had went into solving my NAS problems.
Just thought to raise some attention since others are expiriencing the same thing and provide some information. PS the wakeups occur randomly after several hours sometimes even after days.
Next up im going to look at the logs... And check yourself bro, There are people like me who have absolutly no expirience with linux, openelec, ssh or whatever and i am already at maximum load but i didnt mean to command anybody for nothing. and have no worrys i already sent matt a couple of dollars to his email via paypal a while ago and will do so again soon...

from any developer's point of view, the problem doesn't exist until someone provides the required information to reproduce and/or troubleshoot it (in this case, the kernel log). I get that not everyone has the same level of expertise in dealing with these kinds of issues, but I made it pretty clear in the OP what information needs to be provided when reporting an issue, and it's not fair to expect me to put in the time to diagnose/troubleshoot/fix issues if you can't put in the time to provide the info I've requested in order to do so expediently.
Hello all,

This might not be the place to post this so please move if necessary.

Just wondering if anyone knows where to a Chromebox (preferably Asus) for a decent price. I know Dell had a sale back in July but I didn't need it then, now my brother wants to upgrade from a Fire TV. Any suggestions are appreciated. I'm in the west coast of Canada.

Cheers!
(2015-08-27, 20:42)eros28 Wrote: Hello all,

This might not be the place to post this so please move if necessary.

Just wondering if anyone knows where to a Chromebox (preferably Asus) for a decent price. I know Dell had a sale back in July but I didn't need it then, now my brother wants to upgrade from a Fire TV. Any suggestions are appreciated. I'm in the west coast of Canada.

Cheers!

Amazon had them for $158 but went up to $173, looks like ebay might be the cheapest currently for $160. Also, sent you a PM.
Hi, apologies if I'm hijacking the thread but I could do with some help please.

I have a chromebox and ran the chrome/openelec dual boot option and all was fine, had kodi 14.2 running and was very happy.
I managed to manually update to kodi15 ok, there were a few little errors but nothing that spoiled my enjoyment.
Anyway I powered up my chromebox as usual a cpl of days ago and couldn't see anything on my screen and decided to pull the plug and reboot, which I did but when it booted up it had a msg on screen.
I can't remember what it said exactly but it mentioned something about corrupt files (wasn't the manually run the fsck thing) and it needed to rebuild them and I fi wanted to cancel this I had to press a button within 120seconds.
I tried a cpl of times to cancel this by pressing a button to reboot but it kept displaying this msg so I had no option to let it proceed.
So I booted up and kodi loaded up but clicking up addons and links kept bringing up memory errors (something like errrno_28 error msg - not enough space or something) and kodi also just completely froze after a few mins and I had to again unplug and reboot again. After a cpl of times of this happening kodi stopped booting up and now all I get when I select ctrl-l when I boot up is a very brief flash of the kodi logo and then nothing but a black screen.
I can see the mouse pointer but that is all. I have tried to ssh to the box an cannot obtain a connection and nor can I access (via samba?) by entering my ip addy on my pc. ( I can boot into chrome ok but don't know wether there is any problem with that as I've only had it on for a few mins, not had time to test it properly yet due to work commitments)
I am really clueless as to what to do or try at this point and lack of experience is telling me to seek advice from the ones who know, so if anyone could help or advise I would really appreciate it.
If there is anyway to recover my kodi i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
no idea what you did to get yourself to the state you are in, but the easiest solution is to boot ChromeOS and re-run the dual boot option of the script to cleatly reinstall the latest version of OpenELEC/Kodi
Hey guys. Im attempting to cast onto my chromebox/kodi from my iphone. Im using HboGo, the box offers the chromebox as a choice. Hbo opens, tells me the rating PG13, then my chromebox freaks out and defaults back to my movie menus. If i try to get the programing running then activate the chromebox the picture is nutz and the screen locks......
(2015-08-29, 02:16)Kgveteran Wrote: Hey guys. Im attempting to cast onto my chromebox/kodi from my iphone. Im using HboGo, the box offers the chromebox as a choice. Hbo opens, tells me the rating PG13, then my chromebox freaks out and defaults back to my movie menus. If i try to get the programing running then activate the chromebox the picture is nutz and the screen locks......

this isn't a ChromeBox hardware issue or setup script issue, so you're likely to get better support in the general Kodi or Linux/Live section
(2015-08-29, 03:39)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-08-29, 02:16)Kgveteran Wrote: Hey guys. Im attempting to cast onto my chromebox/kodi from my iphone. Im using HboGo, the box offers the chromebox as a choice. Hbo opens, tells me the rating PG13, then my chromebox freaks out and defaults back to my movie menus. If i try to get the programing running then activate the chromebox the picture is nutz and the screen locks......

this isn't a ChromeBox hardware issue or setup script issue, so you're likely to get better support in the general Kodi or Linux/Live section

10-4 TY
  • 346(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37