• 406(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2016-02-02, 20:46)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2016-02-02, 20:27)magy77 Wrote: Kodi page down? Somebody can up this 6.0.198 version?

image file (fresh installs): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9830...EGL.img.gz
tar file (manual update): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9830...el_EGL.tar

Brilliant! Thanks a lot, Matt. Running happily on my HSW i5 NUC.

May I suggest you provide those builds in a separate thread in the General Support section? Asking, because I would assume that many non-ChromeBox users are interested, too, but might not necessarily search in the Hardware section or the Chromebox Wiki. But whatever you think makes sense. In any case, again, many thanks for these builds. Much appreciated!
(2016-02-07, 04:50)Henry.Hou Wrote: Hi i m running the script to install a dual boot for OpenELEC. But during the installation of step 2, i found syslinux package cannot be reached. Can you fix that?

I can't fix general internet connectivity issues, sorry.

(2016-02-07, 16:19)M4tt0 Wrote: Brilliant! Thanks a lot, Matt. Running happily on my HSW i5 NUC.

May I suggest you provide those builds in a separate thread in the General Support section? Asking, because I would assume that many non-ChromeBox users are interested, too, but might not necessarily search in the Hardware section or the Chromebox Wiki. But whatever you think makes sense. In any case, again, many thanks for these builds. Much appreciated!

I've updated the 2nd post in fritsch's Intel-EGL thread with these links, so they are now in the same place as the previous version. As these are unsupported builds, I don't want to make them available without people understanding what they are.
First off, let me just say thank you for this software. I have been using it happily for a very long time. Whenever any issues have come up, I have been able to handle them by searching through the posts on here. This is the first time I have encountered a problem and am unsure how to proceed.

I have a Dell Chromebox. I am running a dualboot OpenElelec/ChromeOS setup that defaults to OE. Today, for the first time, no inputs work on OE. The keyboard and mouse do not work at all. They both work in ChromeOS, but do not work in OE. I am a bit of a novice at this. Should I just start over? I appreciate any and all help I can get with this issue.

Thank you.
(2016-02-08, 04:57)Sohtem Wrote: First off, let me just say thank you for this software. I have been using it happily for a very long time. Whenever any issues have come up, I have been able to handle them by searching through the posts on here. This is the first time I have encountered a problem and am unsure how to proceed.

I have a Dell Chromebox. I am running a dualboot OpenElelec/ChromeOS setup that defaults to OE. Today, for the first time, no inputs work on OE. The keyboard and mouse do not work at all. They both work in ChromeOS, but do not work in OE. I am a bit of a novice at this. Should I just start over? I appreciate any and all help I can get with this issue.

Thank you.

can't say I've seen this before. I'd see if the system was still accessible via network, via ssh, smb, or web / remote (eg, Yatse / Kore) or if it's completely unresponsive. If the latter, then reloading is probably the easiest way to proceed.
Thanks Matt for confirmation on the connectivity issue. I just tried another vpn line and get connected to the dropbox. Fancy! Thanks for your great work!

(2016-02-07, 20:56)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2016-02-07, 04:50)Henry.Hou Wrote: Hi i m running the script to install a dual boot for OpenELEC. But during the installation of step 2, i found syslinux package cannot be reached. Can you fix that?

I can't fix general internet connectivity issues, sorry.

(2016-02-07, 16:19)M4tt0 Wrote: Brilliant! Thanks a lot, Matt. Running happily on my HSW i5 NUC.

I've updated the 2nd post in fritsch's Intel-EGL thread with these links, so they are now in the same place as the previous version. As these are unsupported builds, I don't want to make them available without people understanding what they are.
Has anyone found a fix for the wireless network setting itself to inactive on reboots?
(2016-02-09, 04:31)mpowers Wrote: Has anyone found a fix for the wireless network setting itself to inactive on reboots?

yes, actually - see: http://openelec.tv/forum/88-wlan/79562-w...ybe-solved. I've tested this workaround/fix and it works, even with a shared/external mysql database. I'm working with the OE folks to get it integrated into a new build.
(2016-02-08, 05:30)Matt Devo Wrote: can't say I've seen this before. I'd see if the system was still accessible via network, via ssh, smb, or web / remote (eg, Yatse / Kore) or if it's completely unresponsive. If the latter, then reloading is probably the easiest way to proceed.

It is not accessible through my Kodi remote on my ipad, though the remote does detect it...that is the weird part, teh computer does not appear to be locked up, just not accepting any inputs.

I did just learn how to ssh, and successfully ssh'ed in and tried to use the update script. That did not work because it said it could not tell which version it was. Weirdly, the ChromeOS is operating flawlessly. I don't mind just starting over. Should I reset it to factory defaults before I run the EZ script or can I just start through the steps again?

Thanks again for all your help.
(2016-02-09, 16:28)Sohtem Wrote: It is not accessible through my Kodi remote on my ipad, though the remote does detect it...that is the weird part, teh computer does not appear to be locked up, just not accepting any inputs.

I did just learn how to ssh, and successfully ssh'ed in and tried to use the update script. That did not work because it said it could not tell which version it was. Weirdly, the ChromeOS is operating flawlessly. I don't mind just starting over. Should I reset it to factory defaults before I run the EZ script or can I just start through the steps again?

Thanks again for all your help.

I'd boot ChromeOS and re-run the EZ setup script, no need to reset first unless you want to change the partition size allocated to OE.

Also, the only update script that runs from OE is for the standalone firmware, so you're lucky it didn't work.
(2016-02-09, 05:40)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2016-02-09, 04:31)mpowers Wrote: Has anyone found a fix for the wireless network setting itself to inactive on reboots?

yes, actually - see: http://openelec.tv/forum/88-wlan/79562-w...ybe-solved. I've tested this workaround/fix and it works, even with a shared/external mysql database. I'm working with the OE folks to get it integrated into a new build.

Worked for me as well with an external mysql db.
I don't know if it's the openelec updates or what it is, but ever since I updated to 6.0.198, every time you wake from sleep, the memory usage goes up and the temperature goes up to extreme temperatures.

When you boot the chromebox, it's at around 8-10 % usage and on 6.0.98 it always stayed there unless add ons were started or drives were connected. I've noticed it get in to the 30-50% range a few times now, and I always reboot when I see that. Also concurrent with this, the temeperature goes up, just now it was at a whopping 168 degrees. It never once got to 140 on 6.0.98. And I check very often, always have.
My apologies if this has been brought up - I have not kept up with this thread.

Has anyone else experienced a blank screen and the box becomes unresponsive? I have had to manually reboot by pressing the button / pull the plug to get my box back...

This has started since the latest update 6.0.1

Ideas?
(2016-02-10, 09:32)ilovethakush Wrote: I don't know if it's the openelec updates or what it is, but ever since I updated to 6.0.198, every time you wake from sleep, the memory usage goes up and the temperature goes up to extreme temperatures.

When you boot the chromebox, it's at around 8-10 % usage and on 6.0.98 it always stayed there unless add ons were started or drives were connected. I've noticed it get in to the 30-50% range a few times now, and I always reboot when I see that. Also concurrent with this, the temeperature goes up, just now it was at a whopping 168 degrees. It never once got to 140 on 6.0.98. And I check very often, always have.

can't reproduce that here on any of the three boxes I have here running 6.0.198 - must be something specific to your setup, an addon misbehaving most likely.
I literally have no addons installed. Not one.
It's not an immediate thing like right after you wake from sleep. It gradually goes up and up the more often you wake from sleep. Before I didn't have to reboot or turn off my box for weeks and nothing would change. Now I do it every day or whenever I remember because of what I described. There's nothing in the logs or anything, I guess I could take some screenshots but it wouldn't matter anyway.

Actually, I do have xonfluence installed, but I had the exact same version on .98 so I doubt it's that.
Well, if you downgrade to 6.0.98, does the problem go away? There were no kernel changes etc in 6.0.198 so not sure how that could be the issue
  • 406(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37