• 471(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2016-09-19, 23:12)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2016-09-19, 22:56)BB90 Wrote: Hi Matt.

I was planning on updating to the Kodi 17 (alpha 7.90.004) build on the Wiki. I noticed on the first page of this thread there have been a lot of various other updates (for example: coreboot, SeaBIOS, etc,etc) when modding the chromebox for the first time. I originally modded this maybe 1.5 - 2 years ago. Are there any necessary upgrades other than just upgrading Kodi?

Also, the link on the wiki for the Kodi 17 alpha build shows ".img.gz" as the file extension, should it be ".tar" for updates?

Thanks!

looks like I need to update the wiki links, since 7.90.005 is the latest.

since you're running a dual boot setup, the coreboot firmware update doesn't apply. The SeaBIOS legacy boot updates are all minor and have no substantial effect on a dual boot setup.

Given that you originally set things up with an older version of OpenELEC, I highly suspect that the system partition created then (automatically, by the script) isn't large enough for the newer LibreELEC builds. It's probably not a bad idea to do a factory reset and redo your dual boot setup unless you want to boot a Linux live USB and manually resize the partitions (which isn't terribly hard IMO)

Thanks for that info! I guess I misspoke when I started naming off the boot firmware/bios stuff. I installed the standalone OpenElec originally, but since then now on standalone LibreElec. Since it is not a dual boot, will the partitions still be smaller?
(2016-09-20, 06:18)BB90 Wrote: Thanks for that info! I guess I misspoke when I started naming off the boot firmware/bios stuff. I installed the standalone OpenElec originally, but since then now on standalone LibreElec. Since it is not a dual boot, will the partitions still be smaller?

the System partition size is dependent on the installer version used whenever you did the initial install. Back in the OE 4.x days they used ~250mb or so, then 350mb, and now 512mb is used. There's no reason to redo anything unless you're upgrading to a build that requires a larger System partition than you currently have. When upgrading, it will tell you upon reboot if the partition is too small for the upgrade to occur. In that case, you can either blow everything away and start fresh, or backup your existing install using the built-in backup function (System->LibreELEC->General->Backup) to USB, do a fresh install (using 7.90.005, eg), restore your data, and then upgrade to whatever build you want to run (Milhouse's nightly, eg)
https://download.teamviewer.com/download...r_i386.deb
from a terminal: sudo dpkg -i ~/Downloads/teamviewer_i386.deb

When I copy and pasted this line in the terminal, after downloading, I got the following message.. Does that command define the path by default, or was I supposed to adjust it accordingly? I have not modified my directories in any way at this point from how it sets up automatically. I apologize for the numbingly dumb questions..

dpkg: error processing archive /home/name/Downloads/teamviewer_i386.deb (--install):
cannot access archive: No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing:
/home/name/Downloads/teamviewer_i386.deb
(2016-09-20, 13:09)usamac Wrote: Does that command define the path by default, or was I supposed to adjust it accordingly?
Yes, it does. And yes, you were. If you downloaded somewhere else.
dpkg command cannot find the file.
Either you've downloaded it to somewhere else or the filename differs.
(2016-09-20, 13:19)bbsc Wrote:
(2016-09-20, 13:09)usamac Wrote: Does that command define the path by default, or was I supposed to adjust it accordingly?
Yes, it does. And yes, you were. If you downloaded somewhere else.
dpkg command cannot find the file.
Either you've downloaded it to somewhere else or the filename differs.

Ok, so I went in and specifically defined the path to exactly what is shown at the top of file manager, while displaying the location of the downloaded package suggested initially, instead of leaving it as ~/downloads etc. Yet again, I get the following.. please note that the only thing I have modified in the following is the 'name' part of the path to not reflect specifically for my personal security purposes as I am sure you can understand. I also deleted all other downloads and redownloaded it one last time. all in the same location as show below as well.

dpkg: error processing archive /home/name/downloads/teamviewer_i386.deb (--install):
cannot access archive: No such file or directory
/home/name/downloads/teamviewer_i386.deb
@usamac
Please note, that you really get file teamviewer_11.0.57095_i386.deb (for present time) when downloading https://download.teamviewer.com/download/teamviewer_i386.deb
Note the capital letter "D" in "Downloads" too. Usually it is really capital in Ubuntu-based distros. "D" differs from "d" in Unix.

The right command must be:
dpkg -i ~/Downloads/teamviewer_11.0.57095_i386.deb
or (without substitution)
dpkg -i /home/your_changed_name_here/Downloads/teamviewer_11.0.57095_i386.deb

You can use TAB key to complete Unix commands, path and filenames. It will make life a bit easier and help to avoid typos.
If I need to specify the file name outside of what is in the folder, then does that mean I need to unpack/unzip it first? I would think that was part of the process, but in Linux is it merely going into that and looking for the file in sort of a sub folder format?
(2016-09-20, 15:58)usamac Wrote: If I need to specify the file name outside of what is in the folder, then does that mean I need to unpack/unzip it first? I would think that was part of the process, but in Linux is it merely going into that and looking for the file in sort of a sub folder format?

You don't need to do anything else. Just download and install.
You definitely need to specify that filename which is in your folder. I only want to say that it may be different, depending on what program you've used to download it. If you use FF you may get teamviewer_11.0.57095_i386.deb, if you use curl you'll get teamviewer_i386.deb
From terminal:
Code:
cd ~/Downloads
curl -L -O https://download.teamviewer.com/download/teamviewer_i386.deb
dpkg -i teamviewer_i386.deb
This will work.
(2016-09-20, 16:11)bbsc Wrote:
(2016-09-20, 15:58)usamac Wrote: If I need to specify the file name outside of what is in the folder, then does that mean I need to unpack/unzip it first? I would think that was part of the process, but in Linux is it merely going into that and looking for the file in sort of a sub folder format?

You don't need to do anything else. Just download and install.
You definitely need to specify that filename which is in your folder. I only want to say that it may be different, depending on what program you've used to download it. If you use FF you may get teamviewer_11.0.57095_i386.deb, if you use curl you'll get teamviewer_i386.deb
From terminal:
Code:
cd ~/Downloads
curl -L -O https://download.teamviewer.com/download/teamviewer_i386.deb
dpkg -i teamviewer_i386.deb
This will work.

Thank you, this has gotten me much closer. Following your suggestion only having to add sudo to the final line of code because i got a super user request.

I am now receiving these errors..

(Reading database ... 165634 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack teamviewer_i386.deb ...
Unpacking teamviewer:i386 (11.0.57095) over (11.0.57095) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of teamviewer:i386:
***then a list of dependencies like this line
teamviewer:i386 depends on libc6 (>= 2.4)

then
dpkg: error processing package teamviewer:i386 (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
teamviewer:i386

A friend familiar with linux suggested prerequisits I may be missing, but I am unsure what that might mean.. could this be my issue? What am I doing wrong?
just do: sudo apt-get install -f

and you should be good. Anything else though, you'd really be better served by GalliumOS' official support channels, since we're well off topic of Kodi/Chromebox Setup Script
I was finally able to get it to install. Just incase anyone else comes along needing guidance here, I'd like to close out with what it took for me to complete this,

cd ~/Downloads
curl -L -O https://download.teamviewer.com/download...5_i386.deb
sudo apt-get install -f /home/{use rename}/Downloads/teamviewer_11.0.57095_i386.deb

Hope this helps someone..

Thank you guys, and again thank you for my awesome chromebox w/linux & kodi!
(2016-09-14, 08:06)McButton Wrote: 2nd point: I've been fighting the Chromebox "no audio on restore" issue for a year.
I applied the patch that MattDevo suggested at the time, but it never took hold. On my old TV, it was never an issue. The new TV must register the HDMI ports differently when it idles or something.

That said, is there a new, cool update or fix for this issue now?
Rather than just leave the box ON all the time, I'd rather just use "suspend" and hit a button to restore it from sleep.
Thanks in advance for any advice!

There are 3 workarounds/fixes to this issue:
  1. Use a suspend/resume script to disable the audio on sleep and re-enable on wake
  2. leave the Chromebox on all the time
  3. use the suspend/resume script to reboot the Chromebox on wake

Thanks for the suggestions! Leaving the box on is probably ok. It seems like if I do...it'll go idle...but upon resuming the idle, the audio dies too. It's something with the TV. My previous TV has no issues at all. This one....is a jerk. Maybe remove idle too?

The suspend/resume and reboot script would likely work fine. I like keeping everything where I was at, so maybe not this. I think I'm currently using the audio reset method now. My settings are like that in the wiki:

mkdir -p /storage/.config/sleep.d
cd /storage/.config/sleep.d
curl -L -O https://mrchromebox.tech/files/kodi/01-c...sume.power
chmod +x 01-cbox_resume.power

I'm using HDMI1 and change the timing a bit too. I set it to like 8 seconds to let my TV warm up before the Chrombox sets, but notta.

Odd that it just isn't working with my TV.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ok i finally decided to upgrade to Krypton creating the usb and reinstalling everything.

i have everything back up and running but i am absolutely going insane because my harmony remote will not connect via bluetooth anymore to the libreElec interface. i have no idea what the problem is i keep getting an error message when going through the connection process. has anyone had similar problems and can you offer any tips?

just tried again the error i get each time is bluetooth error did not receive a reply
(2016-09-21, 07:51)McButton Wrote: The suspend/resume and reboot script would likely work fine. I like keeping everything where I was at, so maybe not this. I think I'm currently using the audio reset method now. My settings are like that in the wiki:

mkdir -p /storage/.config/sleep.d
cd /storage/.config/sleep.d
curl -L -O https://mrchromebox.tech/files/kodi/01-c...sume.power
chmod +x 01-cbox_resume.power

I'm using HDMI1 and change the timing a bit too. I set it to like 8 seconds to let my TV warm up before the Chrombox sets, but notta.

Odd that it just isn't working with my TV.

you can also try the forced EDID loading as per the OE/LE wiki that was discussed a few pages back

(2016-09-22, 09:13)knives of ice Wrote: ok i finally decided to upgrade to Krypton creating the usb and reinstalling everything.

i have everything back up and running but i am absolutely going insane because my harmony remote will not connect via bluetooth anymore to the libreElec interface. i have no idea what the problem is i keep getting an error message when going through the connection process. has anyone had similar problems and can you offer any tips?

just tried again the error i get each time is bluetooth error did not receive a reply

I'd check in on the LE forums. I know there were a lot of underlying changes to the BT stack, but that's about it. My PS3 remote and BT audio work fine; my Harmony One is IR only so can't test your issue specifically
My EDID test showed:
card0 card0-HDMI-A-1 controlD64 ttm
card0-DP-1 card0-HDMI-A-2 renderD128 version
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LABEL linux
KERNEL /KERNEL
APPEND boot=LABEL=System disk=LABEL=Storage quiet initrd=/edid.cpio drm_kms_helper.edid_firmware=HDMI-A-1:edid/edid.bin video=HDMI-A-1Big Grin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using HDMI 1. Does this look like the correct info? Can I set it for both / all ports regardless or must it always be plugged into what is set?
  • 471(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37