• 496(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
I was able to figure that out, but upon switching from ChromeOS to LibreElec, I'm freezing at the Kodi splash screen. I've tried to reboot a few times, no luck.
(2017-02-26, 05:18)Kbxy88 Wrote: I was able to figure that out, but upon switching from ChromeOS to LibreElec, I'm freezing at the Kodi splash screen. I've tried to reboot a few times, no luck.
what changed from the previous boot? install any add-ons?
Does it get to the point where you can log in via ssh? If so you can get a log.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I got to the point where I could get back into Kodi and was able to get a log
https://Paste.ubuntu.com/24069313/

I was in ChromeOS just browsing web, decided to head over to LE and that's when that happened. Previously, I installed Aeon Nox Skin and used some Pics that were on my SD card.It's back frozen again - I hit the back button a few too many times and it went back to the splash screen frozen
It says it is playing special://skin/extras/intro.mp4 - so do you see the intro video? I suspect it is failing playing that. Can you turn on debug logging in advancedsettings.xml and try again?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced#...ngs.xml.29
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-02-26, 06:17)nickr Wrote: It says it is playing special://skin/extras/intro.mp4 - so do you see the intro video? I suspect it is failing playing that. Can you turn on debug logging in advancedsettings.xml and try again?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced#...ngs.xml.29

Yes, it's an Kodi Animation.

Trying to figure out how to get to the XML to turn it on, on this machine, once I do I will try again
Does it play the animation?
so I attempted to update from LibreELEC 7.0.3 to 8.0.0 this morning by dropping the tar file into the update folder and reboot the device. Upon the installation and reboot, I get the following error message:

Boot Failed. EFI USB Device
Invalid Boot signature 0xe1a0, bailing out
Booting Kernal failed: Bad file number
boot:

It doesn't want to do anything else. I didn't do a backup since I figured that it would be an easy install lol sigh. Guess I'll have to re-install everything from scratch again.
Also, I've attempted to remove all USB devices from my Chromebox and I get the same error message, minus the top line.
(2017-02-26, 19:36)waldo98 Wrote: Also, I've attempted to remove all USB devices from my Chromebox and I get the same error message, minus the top line.
that sounds like you updated from the Legacy Boot firmware to the EFI firmware - did you do that at the same time? Otherwise I'd just boot. LE 8.0 install media and choose the repair option
(2017-02-26, 23:24)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2017-02-26, 19:36)waldo98 Wrote: Also, I've attempted to remove all USB devices from my Chromebox and I get the same error message, minus the top line.
that sounds like you updated from the Legacy Boot firmware to the EFI firmware - did you do that at the same time? Otherwise I'd just boot. LE 8.0 install media and choose the repair option

I updated the firmware from Legacy to EFI when I updated from OpenELEC to LibreELEC 7.0.2, which was a few months ago. Anyways, I realized that I was installing the Raspberry Pi2/3 version and not the generic AMD/Intel/NVIDIA version. Once I loaded the correct image file, I was able to re-install LibreELEC 8.0.
(2017-02-27, 01:36)waldo98 Wrote: I updated the firmware from Legacy to EFI when I updated from OpenELEC to LibreELEC 7.0.2, which was a few months ago. Anyways, I realized that I was installing the Raspberry Pi2/3 version and not the generic AMD/Intel/NVIDIA version. Once I loaded the correct image file, I was able to re-install LibreELEC 8.0.

that would definitely do it =P
What was the Openelec configuration using that Gallium doesn't when it comes to recognizing the Microsoft IR devices on the working list in the wiki?

Have you used an IR remote with Kodi out of Gallium?
(2017-02-27, 23:32)SandmanUT Wrote: What was the Openelec configuration using that Gallium doesn't when it comes to recognizing the Microsoft IR devices on the working list in the wiki?

Have you used an IR remote with Kodi out of Gallium?

OE/LE are set up with all the most common remote drivers/config OOTB, GaOS as a general Linux distro doesn't. I'd imagine the mceusb driver is already present in the kernel (dmesg will tell you if the receiver is detected/functional), but the remote config itself would need to be handled by something like lirc. I've never bothered to set that up myself, instead using a distro which supports it OOTB like LE or SteamOS.
Hi everyone...my first post....First of all, big thanks to Matt for creating this script and giving us great operating system flexibility for our boxes/books.

Now, I have a Braswell Samsung Chromebook 3 (xe500c13-k02us) that my son trashed the screen on so I have decided to convert it to a KODI box running into a 1080p Panasonic Plasma via hdmi. I downloaded the script and decided to do a dual boot with LibreElec on a USB stick and the install went perfectly and when I CTRL-L it boot's straight into LibreElec. So far,so good. The issue I'm having is when LibreElec boots it does so at the resolution of the Chromebook, which is 1366x768. So the Chromebook screen is filled completely but the image on the plasma is only a smallish window that occupies about a quarter of the upper left part of the screen. Not a problem, i'm thinking, so I head into the display area of the system settings to change the resolution but the monitor is listed as default and the maximum resolution selection is 1366x768 and not the 1080p that my tv is capable of. So I switch the monitor from default to HDMI2, which is my plasma, but as soon as I do I get a black, blank screen on both tv and chromebook screen and no image and there it stays. I've tried and tried but just can't seem to sync this Samsung book up to my tv. Anyone have a similar issue or thoughts on how to resolve the problem?
  • 496(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37