• 168(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2014-12-19, 22:39)Meatwallet Wrote: I'm a noob and could use some help. I've never done anything like this so please bear with me. I bought the Asus Chromebox and I'm trying to get everything set up. I followed the instructions but I can't get it to boot into anything other then ChromeOS. The first thing that shows up after boot is the OS Verification is OFF screen. After that it boots right into ChromeOS. I'm obviously missing something somewhere. I went ahead and restored and back to factory and will try again if someone would be so kind to point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

what are you trying to set up? what steps did you perform leading to the factory reset?

if you see the dev boot screen only for 1s, then I assume you changed the boot delay with the script? Probably easiest to set it back to 30s until you have everything working the way you want.
Are you referring to it booting into ChromeOS after the "device prep"?

If so then it's supposed to boot into ChromeOS.

To run the EZ setup script from ChromeOS, perform the following steps:

Power on and boot to ChromeOS. DO NOT LOG IN TO ChromeOS, but do ensure a network connection is set up
Hit CTRL-ALT-F2 to get to command prompt
Login with user chronos (no password required)
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-12-19, 14:58)RodG Wrote: I'm not aware of such a list (spent hours looking), but think it would be great to have one. So, I volunteer.

This thread's getting a bit long, though. So if anyone has information to contribute, please reply here. Thanks

(2014-11-21, 19:11)danlac63 Wrote: ...
Is there a compatibility list of Small Keyboards similar to the K400 that work in the Developer Screen? I have read that the Iogear GKM681R works but the K360 works for some but not others. Are there any other small keyboards that work? Does the Mele F10 or the RC11 work? Any other way of sending the CTRL-D or CTRL-L? ...?
Good work, but do you think it might be better on the wiki?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-12-19, 23:01)nickr Wrote:
(2014-12-19, 14:58)RodG Wrote: I'm not aware of such a list (spent hours looking), but think it would be great to have one. So, I volunteer.

This thread's getting a bit long, though. So if anyone has information to contribute, please reply here. Thanks
Good work, but do you think it might be better on the wiki?

I'll copy it to the wiki once there's a good list in place Smile
(2014-12-15, 23:16)christoofar Wrote: Well, it seems all's not peachy in Chromebox world here. I've been home the last few days recuperating from some minor surgery, so have had time to set it up & play with it. Today I set it into PartyMode to play my music all day from my NAS (FLAC or high BR mp3s), and am hearing a lot of dropouts in many of the songs (most of which I ripped myself) I went into Audio setting & changed Optimized from High to Medium, but that didn't seem to help any. I've never seen this with any of my Windoze boxes, WDLive, or my Tronsmart S-89-H Android box.Any suggestions on what to do/look for?

Pioneer Receivers and Intel Audio seem to not get along great. There's a thread on OE where people were doing custom builds just for Intel & Pioneer hardware.
http://openelec.tv/forum/68-audio/67773-...mitstart=0

Hope some of that info helps - I like my VSX-822-K, but had I known it was going to struggle like this, I would have bought a different brand.
Current: Nvidia Shield TV (2nd Gen)
Retired: Asus M004u Chromebox - LibreELEC 7.0.1 | Raspberry Pi 2 - OpenELEC 6.0.3 | Apple TV w/ BCM70015 - CrystalBuntu 2.0 | Raspberry Pi - Model B - OpenElec Kodi 15
(2014-12-19, 23:18)xi_Slick_ix Wrote:
(2014-12-15, 23:16)christoofar Wrote: Well, it seems all's not peachy in Chromebox world here. I've been home the last few days recuperating from some minor surgery, so have had time to set it up & play with it. Today I set it into PartyMode to play my music all day from my NAS (FLAC or high BR mp3s), and am hearing a lot of dropouts in many of the songs (most of which I ripped myself) I went into Audio setting & changed Optimized from High to Medium, but that didn't seem to help any. I've never seen this with any of my Windoze boxes, WDLive, or my Tronsmart S-89-H Android box.Any suggestions on what to do/look for?

Pioneer Receivers and Intel Audio seem to not get along great. There's a thread on OE where people were doing custom builds just for Intel & Pioneer hardware.

Hope some of that info helps - I like my VSX-822-K, but had I known it was going to struggle like this, I would have bought a different brand.

per the info on pg 8, looks like with current OE builds, all you need is the one line in advancedsettings.xml. If that's the case, I'll add the info to the wiki
(2014-12-19, 22:45)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-12-19, 22:39)Meatwallet Wrote: I'm a noob and could use some help. I've never done anything like this so please bear with me. I bought the Asus Chromebox and I'm trying to get everything set up. I followed the instructions but I can't get it to boot into anything other then ChromeOS. The first thing that shows up after boot is the OS Verification is OFF screen. After that it boots right into ChromeOS. I'm obviously missing something somewhere. I went ahead and restored and back to factory and will try again if someone would be so kind to point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

what are you trying to set up? what steps did you perform leading to the factory reset?

if you see the dev boot screen only for 1s, then I assume you changed the boot delay with the script? Probably easiest to set it back to 30s until you have everything working the way you want.

Sorry, I was trying to install ChromeOS+ Openelec dual boot. I performed the steps exactly as stated in the wiki twice and each time it got me to the same place. I'm not sure if I changed the boot delay or not. Where do I change the boot delay again?
(2014-12-19, 23:34)Meatwallet Wrote: Sorry, I was trying to install ChromeOS+ Openelec dual boot. I performed the steps exactly as stated in the wiki twice and each time it got me to the same place. I'm not sure if I changed the boot delay or not. Where do I change the boot delay again?

it's one of the options in the dual boot section of the script. Set it back to 30s + chromeOS default, then use [CTRL-L] on the dev boot screen to boot OpenELEC (assuming you have performed the dual boot/OE setup to completion since doing the factory reset).
Matt, PM me if you want the config/keymap/etc. for the remote, I have most of it working... I still need to map the "internet button" (pretty sure it's <browser_home> in the appcommand.xml but I haven't tested it) and the close button but I have everything else working. Smile
Somebody on youtube asked me to post a video of the chromebox playing a few sample files. I figured it may be useful for some here as well (if you are on the fence regarding whether or not to purchase). It played those files near flawless.

speedbal
(2014-12-19, 23:32)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-12-19, 23:18)xi_Slick_ix Wrote:

per the info on pg 8, looks like with current OE builds, all you need is the one line in advancedsettings.xml. If that's the case, I'll add the info to the wiki

Sweet! Thanks. Ever since that one time, mine is behaving normally. I have no idea why it was dropping like that . But the next day I got up switched it on, went into Settings /Output Config, and changed it to Best Match again (I'd tried that the night before but was still having the dropouts), and it is playing everything fine now <shrug>
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
(2014-12-19, 22:28)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-12-19, 22:18)loki131 Wrote: Hey Matt,

I just set up another box (standalone) and for the first time I couldn't get into the boot menu! Esc just wasn't doing it (and yes I was only hitting it once!), so after banging my head against the wall for a bit I realized the only difference this time was that my remote's IR dongle (VRC-1100) was plugged in. Unplugged it, rebooted, hit Esc and the boot menu comes right up! Big Grin I don't know if this is my remote in particular or if other connected devices cause this issue but I thought you should be aware.

Thanks again for all of your hard work!

thanks for the feedback, I actually have one of those remotes arriving today, so I'll test and see if I can replicate. Hitting ESC multiple times is no longer an issue as of the 12/02 update Smile

can you re-test this? I can't reproduce it here, either on a cold boot or warm reboot, regardless of which USB port it's connected to
I just received the Turtle Beach USB sound card with optical out and I'm already having problems. I plugged it in and hooked it up via optical, but I'm not seeing it listed as an option in System/Audio Output. It's only showing the HDMI outputs and analog, but nothing from the Turtle Beach USB.

What am I doing wrong?
(2014-12-20, 04:39)tr0nllam Wrote: I just received the Turtle Beach USB sound card with optical out and I'm already having problems. I plugged it in and hooked it up via optical, but I'm not seeing it listed as an option in System/Audio Output. It's only showing the HDMI outputs and analog, but nothing from the Turtle Beach USB.

What am I doing wrong?
I had that same issue but fixed with a reboot.
(2014-12-20, 05:38)dcaplinger76 Wrote:
(2014-12-20, 04:39)tr0nllam Wrote: I just received the Turtle Beach USB sound card with optical out and I'm already having problems. I plugged it in and hooked it up via optical, but I'm not seeing it listed as an option in System/Audio Output. It's only showing the HDMI outputs and analog, but nothing from the Turtle Beach USB.

What am I doing wrong?
I had that same issue but fixed with a reboot.

I've already tried rebooting and I'm getting nothing.

I have an Asus Chromebox and the only outputs listed are:

HDA Intel, Sam Samsung on HDMI #0
HDA Intel, HDMI #1
HDA Intel, HDMI #2
HDA Intel PCH, ALC283 Analog

Openelec does not seem to be recognizing it.
  • 168(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37