• 268(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2015-03-30, 22:46)kcallawa Wrote: Thanks Matt for the quick reply. That sounds like it's above my knowledge level so I guess I will just buy an HDMI switch and see how that works out.

it's really not that hard, you can create the files using Notepad++ (save with Unix-style line endings) and copy it via SMB to the ChromeBox's configfile directory.

Autostart.sh:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
xrandr --output HDMI1 --off;
sleep 10;
xrandr --output HDMI1 --auto;

suspend/resume: download script in wiki, modify to read:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
case $1 in
   pre)
     ;;
   post)
     sleep 10;
     ;;
esac
(2015-03-30, 22:52)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-03-30, 22:46)kcallawa Wrote: Thanks Matt for the quick reply. That sounds like it's above my knowledge level so I guess I will just buy an HDMI switch and see how that works out.

it's really not that hard, you can create the files using Notepad++ (save with Unix-style line endings) and copy it via SMB to the ChromeBox's configfile directory.

Autostart.sh:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
sleep 10;

suspend/resume: download script in wiki, modify to read:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
case $1 in
   pre)
     ;;
   post)
     sleep 10;
     ;;
esac

Thanks a ton. It worked like a charm.
(2015-03-30, 16:38)naloj Wrote:
(2015-03-29, 17:36)zagor64 Wrote: I have an older TV (Samsung HLT-6187S circa 2008) and have been using xbmc/kodi for years using a windows based HTPC. Never had an issue with HDMI handshake. I recently switched over to openelec since I replaced my HTPC with the Asus chromebox. Both my older HTPC and the chromebox have HDMI handshake issues with my TV now that openelec is installed on both of them. When switching input to the chromebox/htpc all I get on the screen is a switching between a pink screen and a snow static screen. The TV senses that there is a signal because other wise it wouldn't allow switching to that input. Changing inputs to another input and them back does not help however, turning the TV off and then back on fixes the problem until the next time. Unplugging the HDMI cable and plugging it back in also fixes the issue. I rather not have to turn the tv on and off or unplug/replug the HDMI cable every time I want to use kodi especially with the WAF being an issue. Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Yes, I had similar problems and compiled a kernel using drm-intel-nightly and I no longer have handshake issues.

It seems these fixes are destined for kernel version 4.1.

Thanks for info. Compiling a kernel is beyond my skill level so I will wait until version 4.1 is released.
It's worth trying Matt's work around to turn the output off and on if you don't want to wait for a new kernel.
I have followed the guide and selected the 1 second delay and openELEC default, on reboot I never see the selection menu. This may be due to hdmi syncing on my TV or AMP.

How do I select Chrome OS?
I also cannot get my wired connection to work whether it be through openELEC or Chrome OS.

Can anyone help with that too?
(2015-03-31, 05:23)naloj Wrote: It's worth trying Matt's work around to turn the output off and on if you don't want to wait for a new kernel.

I tried it, it didn't help. Someone suggested I try the HDMI pin 19 fix. I'll give that a shot and see how it works out.
(2015-03-31, 13:37)Tyler Durden Wrote: I have followed the guide and selected the 1 second delay and openELEC default, on reboot I never see the selection menu. This may be due to hdmi syncing on my TV or AMP.

How do I select Chrome OS?

there is no selection menu; you select between OSs using keyboard shortcuts on the dev boot screen, as described in the first post/wiki.

(2015-03-31, 13:55)Tyler Durden Wrote: I also cannot get my wired connection to work whether it be through openELEC or Chrome OS.

Can anyone help with that too?

was it working when you downloaded/ran the script for the dual boot install? or did you use wireless then? The wired connection not working is usually caused by something hardware-related (cable, switch, etc); there's nothing ChromeBox-specific to suggest that google won't tell you.
(2015-03-31, 05:23)naloj Wrote: It's worth trying Matt's work around to turn the output off and on if you don't want to wait for a new kernel.

While the script as is didn't solve my issue, I decided to use the suspend/resume script to just reboot the chromebox when coming out of sleep. This solves the issue and just adds a few extra seconds since the chromebox reboot is fairly quick. I do not believe that rebooting after coming out of sleep should cause any issues with opelec/kodi.

Thanks
Sounds like a good solution to me
(2015-03-31, 20:17)Matt Devo Wrote: Sounds like a good solution to me

Yes, I like to think so but I forgot to thank you for posting the script. Without it I wouldn't have been able to arrive a workable solution.

So again I thank you.
anyone got a guide on how to switch from openelec to kodibuntu, I cant run the script, it returns with the following error

3Tfu5W: line 41: syntax error: unexpected "("
(2015-03-31, 23:57)stuCONNERS Wrote: anyone got a guide on how to switch from openelec to kodibuntu, I cant run the script, it returns with the following error

3Tfu5W: line 41: syntax error: unexpected "("

if you're trying to run the script from OpenELEC, then the error is expected as the script doesn't work under OpenELEC (since it doesn't have a full bash shell). Otherwise, sounds like a bad download, run the curl command again. I just verified there's no issue with the script itself

if you're running a standalone setup, you just boot from USB and install KodiBuntu, like you would on any other PC. There's no need to use the script to create the Kodibuntu install media though, it's just there for convenience. You can download the ISO and write it to USB from anywhere.

Kodibuntu custom ChromeBox ISO link
it doesnt seem to install, the kodibuntu boots but when pressing on install kodibuntu it just reboots, only option that seems to work is memory test
(2015-04-01, 05:36)stuCONNERS Wrote: it doesnt seem to install, the kodibuntu boots but when pressing on install kodibuntu it just reboots, only option that seems to work is memory test

you've given us absolutely no info to help troubleshoot the issue. I just downloaded the ISO, wrote to a 16GB Sandisk USB using Win32DiskImager, and had no issues booting the installer. Using the latest standalone firmware (2015-02-26).
  • 268(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37