Linux - Asus/HP/Acer/Dell ChromeBox EZ Setup (OpenELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2015/04/27]

Thread Rating:
  • 21 Vote(s) - 4.81 Average
Matt Devo Offline
(Today 00:22)atilaks Wrote:  My bad Matt, looks like everything is ok now. Something must have went wrong the first time.

Edit:
Actually it is not. I get to see seabios output first, when bios is trying to boot from the hard drive. It is completely blank in the beginning, so I do not see 'Press ESC for a boot menu' and I cannot choose to boot from USB. It is kind of difficult to explain Smile The bios version is 2015-04-23.

so do you see the 'press ESC' text after it starts booting from the hard drive, or not at all? The latter would indicate that your USB stick isn't being detected properly and it's just skipping the boot menu; the former would indicate that the display isn't being initialized properly (in which case I can try using the original VGA BIOS instead of the updated one I'm using now)

Questions about Kodi on an Asus/HP/Acer/Dell ChromeBox?

Check out the wiki and my EZ install script

find quote
atilaks Offline
The former, I can see the 'press ESC' text, when it starts booting.
find quote
Matt Devo Offline
(Today 06:32)atilaks Wrote:  The former, I can see the 'press ESC' text, when it starts booting.

ok, I uploaded a new version using the original VGA BIOS, try re-updating and see if that works better

find quote
atilaks Offline
Thanks Matt, will do, once I get back home.
find quote
qadmaster Offline
He there,

yesterday i wanted to update my standalone firmware (last Update v3.10)
I run the script (curl -L -O http://goo.gl/HSZer4), but got error-message "coreboot firmware download checksum fail; download corrupted, cannot flash". Today the same...
Is there a problem wirth the dropbox account or went something wrong at my side?
If there is a workaround i woult check it.

Thanx an greetz ;-)
(This post was last modified: Today 16:01 by Matt Devo.)
find quote
Matt Devo Offline
(Today 15:28)qadmaster Wrote:  He there,

yesterday i wanted to update my standalone firmware (last Update v3.10)
I run the script (curl -L -O http://goo.gl/HSZer4), but got error-message "coreboot firmware download checksum fail; download corrupted, cannot flash". Today the same...
Is there a problem wirth the dropbox account or went something wrong at my side?
If there is a workaround i woult check it.

Thanx an greetz ;-)

I'm not seeing an issue here, must be an intermittent problem reaching dropbox from your location. Also, the URL you posted from the script isn't listable, so trying to access it isn't a valid test,

find quote
qadmaster Offline
Thank you for the fast feedback.
I did not know, that this URL is not listable - so that is my fault.
I will give a trial again at home an will send furher feedback with detailed information...
find quote
Matt Devo Offline
(Today 16:35)qadmaster Wrote:  Thank you for the fast feedback.
I did not know, that this URL is not listable - so that is my fault.
I will give a trial again at home an will send furher feedback with detailed information...

if it's an issue with you reaching dropbox, there's not much I can do about that. But as I've noted before, unless you're having a specific problem or the newer firmware adds a feature you need, there's really no need to update just to have the latest version.

find quote
atilaks Offline
(Today 08:59)Matt Devo Wrote:  ok, I uploaded a new version using the original VGA BIOS, try re-updating and see if that works better

great! it works! thank you Smile
find quote
blubserl Offline
hi matt!

just used your setup script to setup my first chromebox and i have to say it really deserves the name ez Big Grin
great work - thank you very much!
find quote