Linux - Asus/HP/Acer/Dell ChromeBox EZ Setup (OpenELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2015/07/02]

Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 4.72 Average
Matt Devo Offline
(2015-07-01 01:47)Luketyson7 Wrote:  So I have attempted to run the ez script. Everything seemed ok. I got all the way to the seaBIOS boot screen where you boot from the usb except it didn't create an openelec usb. Is there any way to get back to that to create one? Or a way to start over?

just follow the instructions on the OpenELEC wiki to create the install media, like every other (non-ChromeBox) OpenELEC user. There's links to the download and the instructions on the Kodi ChromeBox wiki page.

Questions about Kodi on an Asus/HP/Acer/Dell ChromeBox?

Check out the wiki and my EZ install script

find quote
Luketyson7 Offline
ok thanks. What version would I need?
find quote
Matt Devo Offline
(2015-07-01 02:07)Luketyson7 Wrote:  ok thanks. What version would I need?

RTFW

find quote
Luketyson7 Offline
thank you. Sorry I didn't even see that.
find quote
Luketyson7 Offline
I'm up and running. I really do appreciate the help.
find quote
Matt Devo Offline
(2015-07-01 03:36)Luketyson7 Wrote:  I'm up and running. I really do appreciate the help.

glad to hear Smile

find quote
pvagner Offline
Quick and maybe stupid question. I have skimmed the thread, read some 10 pages but I must have missed it.
Is disabling Firmware Write Protect absolutelly necessary or do I correctly understand with it enabled I might still be able to have dual boot setup with 30 s boot delay? I don't feel capable of dissassembling my HP ChromeBox and I just would like to test this out before trying to find someone who can do that part for me.
find quote
whitebelly Offline
Fan
deleted text - due to correction below....

If you feel uncomfortable in disabling write, search YouTube for some videos that show you how. It may ease your fears.

It is easier to do than searching these forums Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 2015-07-01 17:49 by whitebelly.)
find quote
Matt Devo Offline
(2015-07-01 12:35)pvagner Wrote:  Quick and maybe stupid question. I have skimmed the thread, read some 10 pages but I must have missed it.
Is disabling Firmware Write Protect absolutelly necessary or do I correctly understand with it enabled I might still be able to have dual boot setup with 30 s boot delay? I don't feel capable of dissassembling my HP ChromeBox and I just would like to test this out before trying to find someone who can do that part for me.

You do not need to remove the write protect screw for a dual boot setup if you're not going to change the boot options, though I recommend doing it at the beginning so you don't have to open up the box down the road. And even if you don't want to change the boot delay, you should use the script option to set it anyway, since it will prevent accidentally leaving developer mode (via spacebar) on the boot screen.

(This post was last modified: 2015-07-01 16:24 by Matt Devo.)
find quote