• 407(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
i haven't tried downgrading. I may try it just to see if it goes away, I may not. It's not that big of an issue for me to reboot once a day when everything else works flawlessly.

Just thought I'd mention it, maybe others are experiencing the same thing, maybe not.

And yeah I know there was no kernel changes or anything major, that's why I'm confused myself why this is happening, but again it's not really a big issue.
(2016-02-10, 21:13)ilovethakush Wrote: i haven't tried downgrading. I may try it just to see if it goes away, I may not. It's not that big of an issue for me to reboot once a day when everything else works flawlessly.

Just thought I'd mention it, maybe others are experiencing the same thing, maybe not.

And yeah I know there was no kernel changes or anything major, that's why I'm confused myself why this is happening, but again it's not really a big issue.

well, if there's a problem that we can identify I'm happy to fix it, but we need to figure out if it is a 6.0.198 regression or not first.
[edit -- nevermind, my question was already answered]
Just wondering has there possibly been some update with OE which has effected certain remotes. I have a sony playstation remote and it now seems to drop out (i know its supposed to if you correctly tick correct box in settings) and won't reconnect, no matter what buttons i press, until i have taken the batteries out of the remote and replaced them again. Could be the remote of course and i do have a fire tv one doing nothing but would like to know before i change over
I've not noticed such an issue, I also have a PS3 bluetooth remote which I always use with Kodi. It takes a short while to wake up but it does that every time.
No issues here with my PS3 remote either. In cases like this, pretty trivial to revert to the previous version of OE and see if the issue persists, and/or check the OE release notes/change log to see if anything changed related to Bluetooth
That's a sign that you need to replace the batteries with new ones.
(2016-02-12, 21:04)Soli Wrote: That's a sign that you need to replace the batteries with new ones.

that's also a good first step when troubleshooting any remote issue Smile
My God, change the batteries! Cant believe i never thought of that. By the way it worked, cheers Soli
(2016-02-12, 23:07)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2016-02-12, 21:04)Soli Wrote: That's a sign that you need to replace the batteries with new ones.

that's also a good first step when troubleshooting any remote issue Smile

"It ain't got no gas in it. Mmmmhmmm." Tongue
Just an update on my post a few days about the overheating issues. Turns out it has nothing do with upgrading openelec.

I downgraded .98 to check. I also checked generic 6.0.1.

I even restored back to stock and installed the firmware and openelec again just to check. Don't really know why since I knew it wasn't going to change anything but I did.

Tried all that and the box would still get to the 160s.

Now since then, my box turned off by itself once, I'm assuming cause it was too hot. And now the highest temperature I've seen it get to is 179.

It's become very clear my box is dying Sad
(2016-02-17, 03:49)ilovethakush Wrote: Just an update on my post a few days about the overheating issues. Turns out it has nothing do with upgrading openelec.

I downgraded .98 to check. I also checked generic 6.0.1.

I even restored back to stock and installed the firmware and openelec again just to check. Don't really know why since I knew it wasn't going to change anything but I did.

Tried all that and the box would still get to the 160s.

Now since then, my box turned off by itself once, I'm assuming cause it was too hot. And now the highest temperature I've seen it get to is 179.

It's become very clear my box is dying Sad

that sucks, sorry to hear, but glad it's not an OS regression.

1) are you sure the cooling fan is running? At 167°F the fan will kick into high speed, which is going to be quite audible.
2) you could check the thermal transfer pad between the fan and chip / heat spreader

if the box is at the point to where it's basically non-functional, you can always send it to me for eval.
It's the fan. Funny, if you didn't mention it, I may have never though about that because I never ever heard the fan in my entire time using the box. Except for when I would wake from sleep, it would turn on a for a split second and then go away as I'm sure you know. That's how I checked. It's 100% the fan.

How would I check the fan to see what the problem is as it appears to be under the board.
(2016-02-17, 07:23)ilovethakush Wrote: It's the fan. Funny, if you didn't mention it, I may have never though about that because I never ever heard the fan in my entire time using the box. Except for when I would wake from sleep, it would turn on a for a split second and then go away as I'm sure you know. That's how I checked. It's 100% the fan.

How would I check the fan to see what the problem is as it appears to be under the board.

the board is easily removed from the case - I've done it many times when flashing the firmware chip directly Smile Remove the screw opposite the write-protect screw (and the WP screw if not aleady removed). Remove the plastic piece near the WP screw. Disconnect the power plug and wifi antenna plugs. Use a flathead screwdriver to lift the front side of the board up/out (the USB ports will catch) after which the rear can be pulled forward and out. The fan, if non-functional, is a commonly used Sunon model and can be replaced for $5 from ebay.
Is it possible to upgrade the CPU itself? Just wondering.. Smile
  • 407(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37