• 473(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
Yes it's the same keyboard with the USB dongle that I originally used, I am hitting ctrl+d from the second I turn the computer on but it still just goes to seabios then a blank screen
Random question: Anyone having issues where Chromebox (OpenElec, Jarvis) requires 2 button presses to get a video to play? It was 1 for over a year. I haven't changed anything. My other non-chrome box works fine. I figured it was my Flirc messing up, but my Yatsee remote on my phone also requires it. Any ideas? I'd do a log, but I'm not home today. Also, if it's just a stupid fix....

Thanks guys!
(2016-09-26, 19:59)McButton Wrote: Random question: Anyone having issues where Chromebox (OpenElec, Jarvis) requires 2 button presses to get a video to play? It was 1 for over a year. I haven't changed anything. My other non-chrome box works fine. I figured it was my Flirc messing up, but my Yatsee remote on my phone also requires it. Any ideas? I'd do a log, but I'm not home today. Also, if it's just a stupid fix....

Thanks guys!
can't say I've seen that, a log file would definitely help clarify whats going on. Also, I'd recommend upgrading to LibreELEC, as that's the supported distro now. Upgrading is as easy as a manual upgrade (download .tar file, copy to update folder, reboot). Full instructions on www.libreelec.tv
(2016-09-24, 20:26)stevie_boy_84 Wrote: Yes it's the same keyboard with the USB dongle that I originally used, I am hitting ctrl+d from the second I turn the computer on but it still just goes to seabios then a blank screen
that is odd, but seems the easiest thing to do at this point would be to try a different one (wired or wireless doesn't matter, just not using the built-in Bluetooth)
Right the odd problem I had with 4k display has returned.

If I connect my Chromebox to the display from boot I get nothing displayed, xrandr via SSH shows no display.

Connecting after boot occasionally triggers the display to work correctly, but not always. Likewise sometimes a reboot triggers the display to work.

Chromebox works perfectly on a 1080p TV and display in LE is manually forced to 1080p50. I'm running latest 7.90 005 LE.

Any ideas how I can fix this, I'd really like to keep the box but this is a right PITA.
(2016-09-27, 19:24)tredman Wrote: Right the odd problem I had with 4k display has returned.

If I connect my Chromebox to the display from boot I get nothing displayed, xrandr via SSH shows no display.

Connecting after boot occasionally triggers the display to work correctly, but not always. Likewise sometimes a reboot triggers the display to work.

Chromebox works perfectly on a 1080p TV and display in LE is manually forced to 1080p50. I'm running latest 7.90 005 LE.

Any ideas how I can fix this, I'd really like to keep the box but this is a right PITA.
sounds like a situation that's a candidate for force-loading the EDID at startup. There are instructions on the LE wiki for doing so, which I linked a few pages back. Just be sure to capture/extract the EDID when it's actually working
(2016-09-27, 19:24)tredman Wrote: Right the odd problem I had with 4k display has returned.

sounds like a situation that's a candidate for force-loading the EDID at startup. There are instructions on the LE wiki for doing so, which I linked a few pages back. Just be sure to capture/extract the EDID when it's actually working

(2016-09-30, 14:16)Matt Devo Wrote:

I thought you might say that Sad

At the moment I just cant get it to work full stop, so no chance to grab an EDID
(2016-09-30, 14:18)tredman Wrote: At the moment I just cant get it to work full stop, so no chance to grab an EDID
It can be grabbed not only by Chromebox.
Why not to connect a laptop via HDMI and use Monitor Asset Manager (if you run Windows)?
(2016-09-30, 14:29)bbsc Wrote:
(2016-09-30, 14:18)tredman Wrote: At the moment I just cant get it to work full stop, so no chance to grab an EDID
It can be grabbed not only by Chromebox.
Why not to connect a laptop via HDMI and use Monitor Asset Manager (if you run Windows)?
Good shout. I have a Pi2 I could use.
(2016-09-30, 14:30)tredman Wrote: Good shout. I have a Pi2 I could use.
In any case it will be the very same EDID Smile
Hi. Been reading through this thread and I'm not sure I've found anything that covers the problem I've been having. I've used the script in the past to dual boot ChromeOS and OpenElec with no issues. I've recently tried it again and now that it uses LibreElec, I'm having a video issue. Kind of tough to explain so I'm attaching a YouTube link.

I'm using the stable version option that the script provides after a clean install. I've tried it about 5 times already and used multiple hdmi cables. The ChromeOS side works with no problems and OpenElec also worked with no issues (I did a clean install because I wanted to repartition the drive due to being out of space for any addons). Only the LibreElec side gives me this issue.

Hopefully someone has an answer...it's driving me nuts.

Thanks

(2016-09-30, 14:32)bbsc Wrote:
Tried running the edid command on my pi to try and grab it then move to the Chromebox. However I just get:

Code:
##############################################
#                 LibreELEC                  #
#            http://libreelec.tv             #

LibreELEC (community) Version: 7.90.005
Kitchen:~ # ls /sys/class/drm
ls: /sys/class/drm: No such file or directory
Kitchen:~ # cat /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/status
cat: can't open '/sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/status': No such file or directory
Kitchen:~ # grep ": connected" /var/log/Xorg.0.log | head -n 1grep: /var/log/Xorg.0.log: No such file or directory
Kitchen:~ #

Any ideas?
(2016-10-02, 19:40)tredman Wrote:

(2016-09-30, 14:32)bbsc Wrote:
Tried running the edid command on my pi to try and grab it then move to the Chromebox. However I just get:

Code:
#                 LibreELEC                  #
#            http://libreelec.tv             #

LibreELEC (community) Version: 7.90.005
Kitchen:~ # ls /sys/class/drm
ls: /sys/class/drm: No such file or directory
Kitchen:~ # cat /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/status
cat: can't open '/sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/status': No such file or directory
Kitchen:~ # grep ": connected" /var/log/Xorg.0.log | head -n 1grep: /var/log/Xorg.0.log: No such file or directory
Kitchen:~ #

Any ideas?
Never mind, managed to get the Chromebox to display and grabbed the edid from it. Rebooted several times and its still working Smile

Chromebox is back to being officially awesome.
(2016-10-02, 21:34)tredman Wrote: Chromebox is back to being officially awesome.

[emoji106]
  • 473(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37