• 505(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2017-04-30, 06:20)eros28 Wrote: Hi Matt,

I hope you're having a good weekend. I have a dilemma and hope you can steer me in the right direction. I have a Asus chomebox with LibreElec (Krypton 17.1) installed and it's working great (dual boot if that matters).

I was playing around with an Amazon Fire TV remote and was able to connect it to my chromebox via bluetooth. The issue arises when i restart the box. The AFT remote doesn't pair or connect when LibreElec loads again. I have to manually unpair it and pair it again for it to function.

Any ideas? Would I have to get a separate bluetooth dongle for it to work properly? Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Bluetoot...oth+dongle

Cheers,

when pairing the remote with the Chromebox, are you using the 'trust and connect' option in the BT settings? That's what you need to be doing. BT remotes work fine with the built-in BT on the Chromebox; I use a PS3 BT remote for testing and a Logitech Harmony hub in BT mode on my main setup
(2017-04-26, 05:04)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2017-04-26, 04:58)lucho528 Wrote: Hi, I been having some weird issues with my asus chromebox cn60, when I'm watching any kind of video even just browsing the interface it just hangs, I have to get up and power it down and back up again. Before I upgraded to Librelec with Kodi 17 everything was working flawlessly. I reverted back to Libreelec Kodi 16.1 everything seems fine. But I wanted to keep my system up to date (you know been one of the cool kids). I do have to mention that I have never upgraded the Chromebox firmware besides the first time I ran E-Z Setup script like 2 years ago. Do I need to update to a new firmware (maybe tthats the problem)?

Thanks
Luis

Luis,

sounds like an addon incompatibility, since a clean install of LE 8.0/Kodi 17.1 shouldn't exhibit any of those issues. To test that theory, you could create a USB installer for LE 8.0 and boot it in Live mode, and see if the symptoms persist.

while I don't think this is in any way firmware related, the newer/UEFI firmware is a lot better than the older Legacy boot firmware you're running. If you do want to update, you'll need to first backup your LE userdata (using the built-in backup function) to USB, update the firmware, reinstall LE from USB, then restore your userdata. This is necessary since the UEFI firmware can't boot an OS installed in legacy BIOS mode.

Hey there again, Thanks Matt. I did an upgrade on the firmware and installed everything like new. It's working perfectly.

Thanks so much for your contributions and hard work!!!

Take Care,
Luis
(2016-11-07, 19:20)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2016-11-07, 18:59)Chilll Wrote: It will re select "PC" as the input if u power cycle the display. Yes I've searched rtings & several of the big avs threads on my TV model & saw some users mentioned having the same problem, but no one every replied back with a solution. They don't mention what media player they were using, but I tested my odroid c2 & rpi2 which neither had this problem. I dont have any other players to test it with.

I tried changing the "PC" input name to Kodi, once I powered both Chromebox & TV down then back on. It renamed the input back to "PC" everytime

sounds like Samsung has some serious firmware bugs related to that feature unfortunately

I picked up a 65KS8000 recently and hooked up my chromebox and it seems I have the issue with the interface defaulting back to a PC and someone mentioned this:

Quote:Re: KS8000 - Please help me get out of PC mode
Is not a perfect fix but what I did that helped me was setting my nvidia control panel on the setting called "resolution" to output "ycbcr422" at "8bpc" and "Limited" range and that stopped it from auto switching. Full rgb gives me the same issue.

Your black levels will be crap after this so you will have to calibrate your settings a bit more but it works!

Is it possible to get the chromebox to these sort of settings?
(2017-05-09, 16:35)bolmsted Wrote: I picked up a 65KS8000 recently and hooked up my chromebox and it seems I have the issue with the interface defaulting back to a PC and someone mentioned this:

Quote:Re: KS8000 - Please help me get out of PC mode
Is not a perfect fix but what I did that helped me was setting my nvidia control panel on the setting called "resolution" to output "ycbcr422" at "8bpc" and "Limited" range and that stopped it from auto switching. Full rgb gives me the same issue.

Your black levels will be crap after this so you will have to calibrate your settings a bit more but it works!

Is it possible to get the chromebox to these sort of settings?

Intel's current Linux driver doesn't support YCbCr output, but there are patches on their mailing list to add it. I'll see if I can get one of the LE devs who does nightly/bleeding edge builds to add it for testing
I have a KS9000 and have managed to mostly stop the TV from reverting it to PC by changing the kodi UI refresh rate to 50hz. Refresh rate is changed when starting video playback so it doesn't affect viewing of media at all. I noticed if it was set at 60hz the TV thought it was a PC. Works 98% of the time, only maybe after a hard boot it might defualt to 60hz and look 'dark' so I know the TV thinks it's on PC mode. I wish there was a higher refresh rate (100?) I could use as there is a tiny but perceptible difference in navigating the UI in 50 vs 60hz.

Only issue I need to resolve now is sometimes, when I turn the TV on, I can hear the Kodi UI but the screen remains black. I think it's a handshake issue between Chromebox, AVR, TV, nothing to do with the Kodi set up. I have a Flirc with the power button set up to reboot Kodi only so it's resolved in seconds.
Ok I'll look at that. I think perhaps another method is to set the PC to a cable box or BluRay as it seems to allow natural, movie modes after turning TV on/off. I leave chromebox on so I haven't rebooted it to see how this works
Thats right, but i found it less reliable / more hassle to 'put right' if it reverted.
I tried the chromebox in 50Hz and seems like the KS8000 is defaulting back to "PC Mode" Trying 59.97Hz instead of 60Jz to see if it makes a difference and rebooted chromebox a few times. Seems boot screen overscan off but did. Oreo calibration for 59.97Hz (and 50Hz).

Wonder if can calibrate video for multiple frequencies as it seems off when I play 60Jz content and leave it at 50Hz; hence why I tried 59.97Hz along with screen darkening issue which I don't understand why it is darkening

Experimenting with 59.97Hz at this point with live content streaming and live TV
Set refresh rate to switch when video starts, so the Kodi refresh rate is purely for the GUI. 50Hz GUI works on my KS9000, you may find 59.97Hz works on yours, but this shouldn't impact video playback.
Well I find the overscan is off if I set it to 50Hz and the play back 60Hz content. Menus would be off screen. I've rebooted and it seems to keep it and doesn't revert to Pc but will have to give this a few days

You can't adjust the overscan for multiple settings from 50Hz to 60Hz and you can't do it while playing
I'm not sure what you mean re: overscan. You can't set your content to a fixed refresh rate, as some stuff would play strangely, surely?!

I'm trying to say set it such that:

Settings > System > Display > Monitor > Refresh Rate = 50Hz (or whatever Hz your TV doesn't think is a PC)
Settings > Player > Videos > Adjust display refresh rate = On start / stop

Then you get a set refresh rate on the menu and when you press play, whatever video you play, Kodi changes to that refresh rate so the video playback is smooth and at the right refresh rate.
I'll check your settings tonight but what I meant by overscan is that you do a video calibration to set the boundaries of the screen at 50Hz. When I play back 24fps material it seems fine but 60Hz seems to have sides cut off like the on screen display which was calibrated at 50Hz. I know it doesn't make sense but that's the behaviour I notice. I'll check the other setting after things settle down here tonight
(2017-05-12, 23:39)bolmsted Wrote: I'll check your settings tonight but what I meant by overscan is that you do a video calibration to set the boundaries of the screen at 50Hz. When I play back 24fps material it seems fine but 60Hz seems to have sides cut off like the on screen display which was calibrated at 50Hz. I know it doesn't make sense but that's the behaviour I notice. I'll check the other setting after things settle down here tonight

if you can't adjust this on your display, then you can easily adjust in Kodi from either the System/Video settings (by first setting the refresh rate, then calibrating) or during playback via the video options from the menu.
Just to avoid having to go through all 758 pages, what's the best method of updating? I haven't used this box in over a year.

Sent from my SM-G900R4
(2017-05-14, 01:30)waverz Wrote: Just to avoid having to go through all 758 pages, what's the best method of updating? I haven't used this box in over a year.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 (typie typie)
the wiki is still authoritative

Sent from my Nexus 6P
  • 505(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37