No such file or directory
You mean dragging a file from Windows onto the Pi? ? ?
Not really good since the line endings on Windows and Linux are different....
I use FileZilla to connect sftp to the Pi and then I use FTP to transfer the file over.
FTP will change the line endings in both directions to suit the respective operating systems.
(For text files, that is, can be configured in FileZillas list of ASCII transfer extensions.)
Bo Berglund
Sweden
at the risk of starting a flame war....

the smb method i suggested "JUST WORKS".

im not saying its "best practice", but in the 10 or so rpi ive setup using this method, the process works flawlessly.

as a side note, my text editor (Ultra-Edit) that i use to edit the *.xml does pop-up a requester to leave the *.xml in its native format Yes/No, and i always select "No".
OK, so you are EDITING an existing file retrieved from a Linux system with an editor that understands the line ending issues, right?
Then it is OK.
BUT if a newbie attempts to copy text from a web browser view into a Windows editor and save it from there, chances are high that the line endings will be Windows (CR-LF) and not Linux (LF).
In such cases the FTP transfer method is going to handle the differences in an ASCII transfer.
If a script file or a code file winds up on Linux with the wrong line endings it will not work and the inexperienced may stare at the file not understanding what happened because the line endings are invisible....

That is why I threw in my remark, not a flame war start, because the SAMBA access is also valid, but it does not fix the line ending differences. That is all.
Bo Berglund
Sweden
Note: In older versions of the software (before v14) the kodi directories were named xbmc.
Operative system File path
Android Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ (see note)
iOS /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/userdata/
Linux ~/.kodi/userdata/
Mac /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/ (see note)
LibreELEC/OpenELEC /storage/.kodi/userdata/
Windows Start - type %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata - press <Enter>

Source :
http://kodi.wiki/view/keymap

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No such file or directory0