XBMC Widget for Mac OS X users
Hi madeddie!

I agree that the code is out of date - also the appearance is due for an update. I wrote the widget (initially based on lot49's Boxee widget) because we use it a lot at home here. Most of the time, a Mac is closer than a remote here, and of course it's much cheaper! :-)

Anyway, I won't be able to spend time on it in the next few months, but you're welcome to extend or rewrite the app in any way you'd like. There's no license! :-) I've uploaded the complete dashcode project with the latest version of the widget (a small update compared to what I made available) to my public Dropbox folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4nrqgb8s4wo3n...j.zip?dl=0

I didn't make it available on Github, but you're very welcome to do so. That may actually be a good way to keep it alive! On the other hand, Dashboard itself is almost dead. :-( So in the long run it's probably a better idea to develop a full-blown OSX app, rather than keep spending time on a widget that's inevitably going to die with Dashboard. Obviously though, this is going to take more time, especially for me bc I don't do this kind of stuff a lot...

Let me know how you want to proceed!

Cheers!
Thanks, I enjoyed reading (and learning from) this thread. Does anyone have a current equivalent that is compatible with Kodi?
(2015-01-30, 18:41)Fofer Wrote: Thanks, I enjoyed reading (and learning from) this thread. Does anyone have a current equivalent that is compatible with Kodi?

Nevermind, I got it working. This widget is, in fact, still compatible with Kodi. I just hadn't set it up correctly! Thanks for making it!
(2014-12-26, 01:33)Topfjoer Wrote: in the long run it's probably a better idea to develop a full-blown OSX app, rather than keep spending time on a widget

For what it's worth, I've just converted the widget into a standalone OS X application, using the "Amnesty Singles" utility from here: http://www.mesadynamics.com

Works great!
(2015-05-09, 05:17)Fofer Wrote:
(2014-12-26, 01:33)Topfjoer Wrote: in the long run it's probably a better idea to develop a full-blown OSX app, rather than keep spending time on a widget

For what it's worth, I've just converted the widget into a standalone OS X application, using the "Amnesty Singles" utility from here: http://www.mesadynamics.com

Works great!

Is that the link to how to do it or can u post the app??
(2015-05-09, 05:43)j2048b Wrote: Is that the link to how to do it or can u post the app??

That's a link to the developer's page. He's no longer working on the apps but he's made them all free and is giving away the source code.

It's a free download. The utility is simple drag-and-drop. Couldn't be simpler. Have you tried it?
No sir, this is actually new to me as ive just been using kodi 14 thus far and never realized i could use a separate app or widget for xbmc
Guys, for some reason the widget doesn't seem to be doing anything when I press the buttons on the widget, leaving me to assume that it is not connecting to my kodi device.

Here's my current settings:

Is this correct? I've also tried changing the "Port XBMC" value to 9090 but still the same thing. I have enabled "Allow remote control by programs on other systems", just in case anyone was wondering.

Would really appreciate some advice.

Thank you.

Running Kodi 15 Isengard

EDIT: It's working. I've reinstalled the widget and also rebooted kodi and set left the "Port XBMC" value at it's default (9090).
Username: kodi
Hi guys, I have taken Topfjoer advice from last Dec and have giving his widget a refresh for Kodi and made it available on Github for those of you wishing to modify or suggest changes and issues.

Screenshot:

To install please download the below zip from Github and double click the .wdgt file to install it in your dashboard.

https://github.com/grantrutherford/kodi-...master.zip
Nice, thanks for the refresh. Works great/ the same, is it just a visual update?

Maybe someone can update the Wiki.
(2015-08-31, 13:53)gardnerd4me Wrote: Nice, thanks for the refresh. Works great/ the same, is it just a visual update?

Maybe someone can update the Wiki.

Yep its just visual refresh, added retina support as well as changing the style. Any ideas for development are welcome. Updating the wiki is a great idea!
Wiki updated ;)

OS X remote dashboard widget (wiki)
(2015-08-31, 16:54)Ned Scott Wrote: Wiki updated Wink

OS X remote dashboard widget (wiki)

Good work! Thanks Smile
This is what i've been searching for since ever haha, using my laptop keyboard to control/type in my openelec box.. Love this widget! Thank you so much Smile)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Widget for Mac OS X users0