Amlogic m8 android 4.4 xbmc plays audio but no picture
Ned I believe the new Quad Core Amlogic M8 does support Mediacodec and Libstagefright
(2014-06-14, 01:21)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-06-13, 22:29)Packetcrypt Wrote: I am using Finless 1.6 Rom right now but have used everyone that was released to test. If you disable AmCodec and MediaCodec and only leave LibStageFright enabled in HW Acceleration setting then Gotham 13.1 appears to work fine.

This is the same as not using any hardware acceleration for an amlogic box (so you're only doing software decoding). MediaCodec and libstagefight don't work on amlogic hardware.

It made no sense to me either but with these settings the M8 will play 1080 playback fluidly with no stuttering with official Gotham releases.
huh, interesting. Has me stumped.
@Packetcrypt with Finless 1.6 and Gotham 13.1 EVERYTHING works fine? (also DTS/optic out etc?) I am hesitating to migrate.....
Maybe we should open a topic with proven fw versions+XBMC versions for these boxes, (including necessary settings like disabeling AMCODEC and MEdiacodec), they become very popular in short time.

cheers!
I suggest to open that thread you mention on freaktab.
It's already hard enough on official firmwares to even think about supporting cooked ones in any way.
Using Official Firmware and setting the permissions in /dev/aw* got Gotham 13.1 working for me.

Charles
Did you use old USB to USB cable to root the tv box? I don't have such cable anymore... Can I root with app from play store? And once I root, how do I open the shell.
Thanks!
OK, I tried connecting a USB to USB cable and I just can't connect to the device. Can someone please explain how to root the device?
Thanks!
(2014-06-25, 16:03)Mosc_007 Wrote: Using Official Firmware and setting the permissions in /dev/aw* got Gotham 13.1 working for me.

Charles

Can you please tell us how you changed permissions? How you got to see /dev files? I am stuck with useless hardware Confused
I bought this box last week, had this problem, but simple advice posted elsewhere fixed it:

Marcellenz Wrote:Try switching off all other video h/w accelleration but leave on libstagefright

M

restart xbmc

make sure your menu settings is advanced so you see all settings options.
Hi. I'm about to pull the trigger on the m8 s802 quad.

I am new to XBMC. Is there a proven method to avoid this problem that you speak of?

If yes is there instructions on how to resolve this issue fairly easily somewhere that you can provide a link for?

Thanks!
Problem solved :-)
The problem was in the process: First, I updated to Eric's firmware then removed the XBMC app and installed the latest, 3.1. And with this configuration I just could not make it work.
Then I re-flashed my device and did not update the XBMC version but rather used what there was and since then it works like chime.

As a side note, I found the blue light of the box very disturbing at night. If anyone can post a ROM that turns off the blue led when the device is turned off it would be great.

Thank you all!
(2014-06-29, 18:36)washere Wrote: I bought this box last week, had this problem, but simple advice posted elsewhere fixed it:

Marcellenz Wrote:Try switching off all other video h/w accelleration but leave on libstagefright

M

restart xbmc

I recommend this new ROM, factory reset then flash it:
http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1...Square-Box

I would hate to turn off hardware acceleration. It will surely show performance problems. Anyway, I works now for me as I said in another post.
(2014-06-30, 10:53)elic Wrote:
(2014-06-29, 18:36)washere Wrote: I bought this box last week, had this problem, but simple advice posted elsewhere fixed it:

M

restart xbmc

I would hate to turn off hardware acceleration. It will surely show performance problems. Anyway, I works now for me as I said in another post.

No you are wrong. With your method you are locked into an old configuration forever. Already obsolete. It's not working like a charm because there are newer better versions.

Secondly most old xbmc versions do not have this glitch. So people claiming to have fixed this with using old versions have just ignored the problem and claim to have solved it which is funny.

And thirdly you are wrong because libstagefright you dismiss as not hardware acceleration which I recommended using as sole option is the famous hardware acceleration codec even most beginners know about.
(2014-06-30, 12:00)washere Wrote: No you are wrong. With your method you are locked into an old configuration forever. Already obsolete. It's not working like a charm because there are newer better versions.

Secondly most old xbmc versions do not have this glitch. So people claiming to have fixed this with using old versions have just ignored the problem and claim to have solved it which is funny.

And thirdly you are wrong because libstagefright you dismiss as not hardware acceleration which I recommended using as sole option is the famous hardware acceleration codec even most beginners know about.

OK, so you're saying leave hardware acceleration but uncheck the other libraries and only leave libstagefright? I wonder why they still opt for the other libraries. And I do agree that using old versions as a resolution is bad and I hate to do that. And one more thing, I am a beginner and obviously don't belong to the group of "most beginners that now about that codec" :-)

I will try that and update the forum if it worked for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amlogic m8 android 4.4 xbmc plays audio but no picture2