Make sure XBMC immediately close (properly) so it will start when activated
Oftentimes, there is a need for me to restart xbmc. Usually this is because I'm using a dual monitor setup. XBMC starts at the secondary monitor, which is the LCDTV. Since I'm using a receiver, the powering sequence is important. Not powering it on with the right sequence will prevent you from having hdmi audio. This is almost 90% of the time the reason I have to power off xbmc, then start it again.

How do you make sure you close XBMC properly, that it is removed from task manager? I'm using a remote control, and I've assigned this to one of my Logitech Hamrony keys. Alt-F4 doesn't always seem to work. I have to go back to my desktop, turn on task manager, and end the process.
taskkill /f /im XBMC.exe
Do you create a batch file under Windows?
In your harmony assign one button to close xbmc by sending a key combination like Ctrl+X or whatever combination you like. Install autohotkey, rightclick desktop> create new autohotkey script. Edit this file in notepad. Add the following lines, save and double click to run the script. You can move this script to startup folder so that it loads every time you start your system. You can also create an executable file by right clicking the script file and selecting compile. It will run in any system and you don't need autohotkey installed on that system.

Code:
^x::  ; Ctrl+X hotkey

Process, Exist, xbmc.exe ; check if xbmc.exe is running
If (ErrorLevel > 0) ; If it is running
    Process, Close, %ErrorLevel% ;close xbmc
Thanks teeedubb and baijuxavior. I already have autohotkey installed, so will try the script provided.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Make sure XBMC immediately close (properly) so it will start when activated0