MAC thumbs off SQL do not show
I reloaded XBMC Gotham on 3 windows 8.1 PC's to use SQL off my Synology, choosing my main PC to be the initiator of Library updates, cleans etc. I have the sources.xml and advancedsettings.xml copied on all in the proper locations - all works. Except, on the Macbook Pro (mavericks) - the thumbs do not show. The mac does not share my login to windows, so I had to go into the movies folder where it asked for name/pwd - but then I can see/browse the files from the MAC, but thumbs are not there. I am connect via SMB to the thumbs folder on the NAS, as well as the movies folders etc. via SMB that live on my windows 2012 server.

Any idea why thumbs is not linking to the same folder the PC's all share from - on my NAS? Does the MAC not support the substitute setting in the XML file?

Ron
Try copying the passwords.xml file from one of the working installs to the Mac's userdata folder (wiki).
There is no passwords.xml on the windows PC's, but there is already one on the MAC (probably happened when I browsed to the FILES location and entered it there, the file was then created - it does show the SMB login name/pwd) I am able to browse, from the MAC, to the thumbnails share on the synology, and to the video/music files on the windows server. Still no thumbs in library or as you pick the movie, the background does not change.
Not sure, but if I were you I would just get rid of the path sub entries for thumbnails and let each client cache the images locally: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MyS...Thumbnails
With each PC having a local cache of thumbs, assume each thumb image links back to the SQL database - so it would then serve the same purpose - just each PC holds the same cached info? If so, sounds like that will work as well and after reading, I see why the sub of thumbs was a choice - to keep it off the space constrained devices.

Ron
Indeed. So if you don't need to save the space then I would do that, which should also give a bit of a speed increase too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MAC thumbs off SQL do not show0