Linux [SOLVED] Lirc & HP MCE Remote - Missed Keypresses
I'm using Ubmcbuntu 12.10 LTS version with Gotham 13.1 beta 1 but have had this issue since I installed it and was using XBMC 12.x. Quite simply the recognition of button presses is flaky, I'd say maybe about 30% of the time a button will not register.

Running irw shows nothing when the button isn't registered.
The light on the IR receiver always comes on when I hit a button so something is registering.
When I run mode2, I always get some output for every button press, it seems not to be entirely consistent though, I think a very brief button press sometimes gets cut short but some of my missed button presses are not short
Receiver and remote are HP (or at least branded as such - eBay purchase so who knows!), receiver is listed as "Feature Integration Technology Inc. (Fintek) F71610A or F71612A Consumer Infrared Receiver/Transceiver" which matches the manufacturer discussed on the HP forums.

Any clues as to wether there is something I can tweak or look at? I wanted to swap the IR receiver, I have a dirt cheap Chaplet Systems one but when plugged in XMBC just acts like the left or right button is held down and it just runs through the menus and can't be stopped (nothing in the log though) so not much luck there.
Happy to try wiping and installing XBMCbuntu 13 if anyone really thinks it will help.
Could well be that the remote/receiver is just junk, if this is a known issue then again I'm happy to dump them, but would appreciate suggestions for a pretty short / compact remote that works well.

Other suggestions welcome.

[UPDATE]

I spent a lot of time looking before posting but as is always the way, I found the solution myself soon after, namely ditch Lirc, use the kernel modules and inputlirc instead - http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...#Inputlirc Only been testing for 5 mins but it is definitely a LOT better.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Lirc & HP MCE Remote - Missed Keypresses0