New V13.0 Install No Cursor & Flickering
I'm new to this utility/program and after downloading it the first time I had no sound; then I re-installed several days later and now there is no cursor and although the start screen looks good the tabs and icons flicker all over the place and there is no way to click on anything so I have to goto Task Manager and End Task to get out of it.
Gotham V13.0
I have a desktop pc with Win7x64 SP1 Hm Prem OS
Radeon HD 6870 gfx card
16 GB Ram DDR3
FX-6120 AMD CPU
Profound Sound Audio Install
I use HDMI out from the gfx card to my LED then tv out to my stereo system
What would cause the program to basically look good but flicker and have no cursor? I tried playing a DVD and on this install the sound plays but just loops the opening sequence of the movie.
I have the same problem. Frodo 12.3 works with no problem. I installed V13 the splash screen comes up ok and soon as the application is running I loose the mouse and it flickers all over the place. When i move the mouse the flickering reacts and stops for an instance but resumes flickering. I can't get to the system options because it's not stable enough to select it. I disabled my mouse driver to see if that helps. It still has the same problem.
do you have a joystick plugged in? try unplugging it.
Thanks that worked. Problem went away.
All credit to jjd-uk who correctly diagnosed the same problem in another thread.
(2014-05-15, 02:06)helta Wrote: do you have a joystick plugged in? try unplugging it.

Yup that was it; forgot I had it plugged in the back....duh Nod

and thanks JJD-UK
You can disable joystick support under Input Devices in the settings to prevent it happening again with the joystick plugged in.
Hello
Hello, I'm having the same problem with this version too. I have no joystick controller on my pc and I have tried it with both the mouse and the keyboard removed. Any ideas please?
Many thanks in advance.
(2014-05-17, 16:42)Ant40 Wrote: Hello, I'm having the same problem with this version too. I have no joystick controller on my pc and I have tried it with both the mouse and the keyboard removed. Any ideas please?
Many thanks in advance.

Not sure it is a joystick problem, but since I came across this a while back
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=179630
I have since always install XBMC and kill it in task manager, then open guisettings.xml from my userdata in text editor, search on joystick and set default false and the actual setting false. then save the file. From there XBMC is good. So you might try this but I don't have a lot of hope that it will work in your situation.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
(2014-05-17, 16:42)Ant40 Wrote: Hello, I'm having the same problem with this version too. I have no joystick controller on my pc and I have tried it with both the mouse and the keyboard removed. Any ideas please?
Many thanks in advance.
What type of PC is it?

Anything with an accelerometer could potentially be detected as a joystick, have you tried disabling the joystick support under Input Devices within XBMC to see if it has any affect?

A debug log would show if XBMC thinks there is a input device being activated, see log_file (wiki) for how to do this.
Hi All,

I have the same issue and don't have a Joystick plugged into my machine.

I have uploaded a video of what mine is doing here

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2nizfkh%...3oDJctOXIU

I shall however from what other members have said, I will remove all devices out of the back of my machine accept for my keyboard and mouse to eliminate if something else is causing this and report back.
Hi All,

After unplugging all my usb devices from the back of my machine apart from the keyboard and mouse, and plugging them in individually. I found that a USB mixing deck I use is detected as a joystick.

In windows 7 if you click on the start menu and type in where it says search programs and files and type in 'set up usb game controllers' when you open this it will show you what devices are acting like a joystick.

I can confirm what Ant40 has said about going in to system -> settings -> system -> input devices -> and uncheck enable joystick and gamepad support this resolved my issue - Thanks Ant40

Hope this helps
Hi all,

Thank you all you posted. Yes, my issue was having to un-check the joypad option with XBMC. All is working sweet again!

Thx again,
A Happy Bunny :-D

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New V13.0 Install No Cursor & Flickering0