Solved Remote "double click" results in many keypresses
After 3 days of Googling I have decided to ask for help on the forums. I have an Intel NUC (with built-in IR) and a Logitech Harmony Smart Control with XBMC running through xinit on Ubuntu 14.04 (server). After a lot of help from this an other forums I have been able to get the internal IR receiver working on boot and recognizing the commands sent from the remote with a little help from ir-keytable. Now my problem is as follows.

Let's say I am browsing my movie collection. If I press "down" to move to the next movie, everything is great. If I press it a second time after a short pause, everything is fine. However, if I need to move more than one item away (say, to select the movie 3rd in the list) the act of "double clicking" the down button results in a whole lot more than the number of presses. If I click down twice, it may move down 7-10 items.

Coincidentally, it seems as though I am having the exact issue as in this post. Being only mildly familiar with Linux I am not able to completely troubleshoot this on my own. I have learned quit a deal in trying to fix this on my own but would greatly appreciate any help anyone can offer.

As a side note, my Logitech K400 keyboard does not have this issue. XBMC will only register each key press by itself--not a single press more. I have tried adjusting the Logitech Harmony settings to reduce repeat keys and change delays to no avail.

I hope someone has some good news for me as I would love to not go back to Windows!

Edit: Here is a pastebin of me clicking the down arrow once, waiting 5-6 seconds, then "double clicking" the down arrow to move down two items. The result scrolled down through nearly half a dozen movies.
This happens to me too using Ubuntu 14.04 and an Xbox remote. The same problem does not happen in MythTV which I also run on the same box.
Solved this by starting over. Since I am no Linux master, I just keep plugging away, trying different things until something sticks. In this case, it was following this guide. Removing ir-keytable and just using LIRC is now working for me. I think blacklisting some built-in IR stuff was the key here.
Using LIRC is a workaround; glad to hear you're got it working, though. The original issue with trying to use the in-kernel IR handling seems to be a long-standing problem. There is a series of comments on this subject starting at this post and there is a related ticket here.
I just started having this problem after 4 hard years of using xbmc.

Honestly i think its the flirc or something. But I'm sure a format wont hurt.
I did just do that 2 months ago.. lol. I really do format way to much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote "double click" results in many keypresses0