HELP! XBMC and SqueezeLite sharing same HDMI audio port
Well jon, you could use the xsqueeze addon developed by bossanova, but that involves navigating to the addon and starting it when you want to play some music, which probably is not what you want.

Personally, most computer soundcards are pretty crap and I prefer to keep my squeeze ecosystem separate from my other media (ie tv/video/movie) ecosystem.

Perhaps you could use tasker on your android machine to set|unset things on the xbmc machine when you start squeezebox. All sounding a bit complicated and fragile to me though.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-05-22, 05:56)bossanova808 Wrote: XBMC must be told to suspend it's audioengine before you start squeezelite, and then squeezelite must release the aduio device before you go back to XBMC (by terminating squeezelite) - this is what my xsqueeze addon does.

Yeah would be nice if we knew how to do this when running your own instance of SqueezeLite.

The way I have things setup at the moment, when the PC boots up XBMC (OpenElec) is launched and XBMC has the sound on the HDMI port.

During the boot up sequence SqueezeLite is also loaded in the background in a startup script, using the -r switch and specifying the max rate, allows SqueezeLite to start and not grab the audio device away from XBMC. (Before when I was not using the -r switch, XBMC would start and have no sound)

If I then play an album on SqueezeLite it just plays and I hear the music, XBMC during this time has no sound. When I have finished with SqueezeLite I have to soft power off the SqueezeLite player in LMS or in the iPeng app and this then returns the sound to XBMC.

All in all it works very well, I just have to remember to power off the SqueezeLite when I have finished with it to get the sound back in XBMC.
Yeah that's not so bad really.

So it seems it grabs the device to poll its abilities, so it's good you worked out that -r switch.

You COULD write a little service addon that listens for play events on XBMC and send LMS a power off for that player pretty easily...if you're handy with Python. It would just mean that it would power it off auto

With the pylms library I use in XSqueeze that's just a few lines of code - if you looked at, say, XBMC unpause jumpback as a sample for the listening code, and the sample pylms code here, you'd probably be able to put it together in a half hour so so if you know any Python at all:

https://github.com/jinglemansweep/PyLMS

set_power_state(state)

Set Player Power State

..it would just intercept playback events, power off player, pause maybe one second, then kick of xbmc playback.

I think that would probably work well.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
cw-kid:
Thanks for your tutorial. Now I ran squeezelite on openelec 4.1 with dual audio patch. Almost all work perfect. I've problem only with spotify sychro with other squeezebox (Radio). It does not work. Spotify work separately on squeezelite or Radio but not in synchro mode. I have no problem with Deezer, internet radio or my music in synchro mode.
Do you know how to fix this bug?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HELP! XBMC and SqueezeLite sharing same HDMI audio port0