Nvidia GPU Renderer Settings
Windows 7 SP1
i5-3570k
8 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650OC

Hi

First off, no real issues with XBMC at all, using latest nightly as of today 16/05/14, only strange issue I have is sometimes I notice my audio goes back to Direcectsound instead of WASAPI and my receiver shows PCM. A quick jump back into settings and once back to WASAPI and all is well.

Now since everything is working fine, we tinker, I have played about more than once with MPC-HC and Madvr, just the other day I read numerous guides, most point to the same options, so that was working fine, but I reverted back to XBMC Internal player again for no other reason than when you have play next video selected, you end up in a terrible loop that ends up being rectified by closing things down with the task manager.

My main point I suppose, is I seem to have been quite ignorant about XBMCs own rendering options, when you do a Google search for best quality settings for XBMC, it seems to sidetrack you to MPC-HC and Madvr

I read various threads last night on the pixel shader options with XBMC, but they seem to trail off to a few months ago, or mention patches and the likes. Then you read other threads which mainly talk about setups not being powerful for x,y or z options.

Then I started getting side tracked with other threads talking about a unsupported internal player and using external codecs.

I understand the metholodgy of keeping things safe and ensuring a more stable product is available to all, but the more you read about Jriver and others that use Madvr, it seems at least to me, that rendering settings under the hood of XBMC don't get the same attention.

I played about with software and hardware under acceleration settings last night, and set up the highest CPU/GPU intensive settings I could use, but I am still unsure what the best settings are for upscaling 720p are, if I went mad pardon the pun with Madvr, things would chug and I would have to reduce taps. but under XBMC, no matter what I set, nothing seems to change.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Settings/Videos
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=170855&page=5

The above Googled searches basically sum up what a lamen like me finds out, either no info or a few pages of old info that seems to tail off months ago really...
Maybe made the post a bit hard to get any feedback, so I suppose short version is...

For someone that mostly plays 720P Bluray/720P HDTV rips and 1080P mkv/.m2ts rips, is using MPC-HC and MadVR a wasted venture.

Is XMBC comparable by setting rendering engine to Software and using Pixel shaders and setting the best options for rendering via the Video OSD and creating this as default.

Or is it best to use DVXA-HD and DVXA2 in the acceleration as its all much of a muchness.

Thanks for any feedback.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia GPU Renderer Settings0