Win Hardware change?
Guys I need some help.

I got Atm an asus eb1033 with nvidia 610m and 4gb ram with a 120gb ssd inside and windows 7.
The machine has 3 dvb-t tuners a dvb-s2 all with argus tv and from remotes I got a harmony 700 and a mele f10 pro. I got 2 usb3 3tb drives for media and a blue ray reader.

All working fluently especially with margros gotham versions with fast channel zapping in xbmc and 1080p from video side.

The reason I'm thinking to change it for a bit more powerful cpu machine is because I have a camera software that all day records in the garage and outside the house, but when this software is on cpu is near 100% and some times I get jitters in xbmc and I'm forced to stop the security software and a 2nd reason is for 4k support.

So I'm thinking this scenarios:

1. Buy a nuc 54250 with all on it and sell the asus.

2. Leave the asus as it is but buy for example a minix x7 or x8 to put openelec with only xbmc and asus will still be the pvr backend.

3. Build a i5 or i7 new pc with a micro atx mobo like the asrock Z87M pro inside a Silverstone htpc case that I already have.

It seems to me that the 3rd solution is the best but more expensive but also more upgradable since I plan to buy a Samsung 4k with hdmi-2 and when 4k hdmi-2 cards will be out I will grab a card and put it on and that's it.

I'm stuck a bit so any thoughts will be good.
There's no substitute for experience
No one has a proposal guys?
Like you said.
The 3rd option has better ability to upgrade.
Even that's more extensive,
But on the long run you're cheaper.
The other options don't have any upgrade possibilities.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Thx m8
Guys i ordered today the new LG UB850V 4K 3D TV with HDMI 2.0.

I ended up to this TV because the price i got from a shop here was 1700€ with a Gift a LG BP740 that does Upscale to 4k (even thought i think the TV does upscale everything to 4k so i dont think is needed but anyway its welcome)

Now the TV has HDMI 2.0 and i see some Android Devices with the ability to play 4k content... but all got hdmi 1.4b ... so im a bit confused of what to do ... maybe a new RK3288 device that will come out in 1-2 months will be fine... point is that till now i didnt had 3D TV and now i am not really sure that my Atom Asus EB1033 with the Nvidia 610m will be able to play 3D movies... 1080p normal movies can play fine...

You think a Tronsmart Vega S89-H will be ok for now till a PC hdmi 2.0 graphic card popup out from nvidia and then i build a good pc ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hardware change?0