Req Default Subtitles
Hello to everyone that reads this post and to the Developers of XBMC. I am setting up my HTPC and discovered while using XBMC Frodo that when playing .MKV files it plays subtitles by default and could not turn them off. I upgraded to Gotham and found that it too plays .MKV files with subtitles by default. The only way to turn them off is during playback for each individual file. This is very frustrating. Should it not be subtitle off by default with the option to turn them on. It is very like the opt out option when it comes to subscription text messages. Even with the .MKV file subtitled Forced off it still shows subtitles in XBMC. The only way is guarantee no subtitles is to remove the subtitle file from the .MKV file, which takes a lot of time and effort. My suggestion is to set subtitles in XBMC to disabled as default and to control that option through main settings so the user can have the option of either default setting (on or off) if they choose. I think XBMC is a great media centre but needs a little tweak. I hope that the XBMC developers consider and fix this feature.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for listening
Why do your files have subtitles if you have no intention of using them?

In any case, XBMC already has the ability to turn subtitles off by default. It has been mentioned many times in many threads:

Subtitles (wiki):
Quote:Note: To make XBMC turn off subtitles by default: While playing a video, bring up the on screen display and select the audio options -> Turn off "subtitles" -> scroll down and select "save as default for all videos".

I'm sure this could be improved upon, to be more intuitive, but there it is.
Thank you for the reply Ned. The subtitles are already in the files when I get them. As I had said already, XBMC is a great media centre but does need a few minor tweaks. The reason for posting the thread was that a lot of the information out there on this topic stopped at disabling for each individual file but failed to mention setting it as a default for all files. On your advise I have gone into XBMC and found the location of the audio settings and found the default for all files button. I must have over looked it when looking for it. I am new to XBMC and still have not found may way around it in regards to settings and customising it. Again it is a great media centre but nothing will ever be perfect because then there will be no room to improve. There is always something that needs improving. Thanks again Ned your help is appreciated.

regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default Subtitles0